Yes, yes you are =P

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

I'm Rick, I'm very nearly 38 years old and live in central Florida (where I am currently sitting under the eye of Hurricane Charley). I'm married with two kids (one of each) and two cats. I currently function as a stay-at-home dad.
I've been taking snapshots since I was a teenager, but I only got seriously into photography less than a year ago.
I shoot a Canon 10D with a Sigma 12-24, Canon 50 f1.8, Canon 28-105, Canon 70-200 f4L and a Sigma 50-500.

Canon 5D, Canon 17-40 F4L, Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Macro, Canon 50mm f1.4, Canon 70-200 f2.8L, Canon 400mm f5.6L, 580EX Flash.

Hey Rick!

Pleased to meet you! Hope you and your family are ok through the hurricane...

Very nice equipment you've got there.. Big Grin

shuttertalk Wrote:Hey Rick!

Pleased to meet you! Hope you and your family are ok through the hurricane...

Very nice equipment you've got there.. Big Grin

We're all right. Lost power for a few hours and we have a heck of a cleanup job waiting in our yard...downed twigs and limbs and moss everywhere from our oak trees. But no damage, no harm done, thankfully.

Canon 5D, Canon 17-40 F4L, Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Macro, Canon 50mm f1.4, Canon 70-200 f2.8L, Canon 400mm f5.6L, 580EX Flash.

How's the cleanup going?

Hi everybody.
My name is Trevor (in case you haven't figured that out yet Wink ).
I'm 23 years old and I just finished my last year of Electronics Technology at Cambrian College in Sudbury, Ontario Canada.
I registered here because it combines two of my favorite hobbies, photography (for about two years) and music (been playing guitar about six years).
I look forward to seeing your pics and sharing some of mine.

Started with a Canon A60, now I'm using a Panasonic FZ10

Awesome... great to meet you, Trevor Big Grin

shuttertalk Wrote:How's the cleanup going?

Just a little raking left for us...but the garbage men still haven't picked up our HUGE load of yard trash and probably won't till next week.

RikWriter Wrote:Just a little raking left for us...but the garbage men still haven't picked up our HUGE load of yard trash and probably won't till next week.

I always wondered how all the mess gets eventually cleaned up after a natural disaster...

Hey Trevor!
Guitar and photography Smile
These things seem to go together for many people Wink
hehe

Girls: Be careful of Peter. hehe

adam Wrote:Girls: Be careful of Peter. hehe

Lol... why, what does he get up to?

huahua ...
you should be more careful of Adam ..
hes a lot sneakier than me ..
being chubby doesnt help me sneak around ~_~

Hey everyone...just found this page on the forum and thought I would chime in!

I've been interested in photography for a long time, just recently decided to do something about it! I'm not in the higher range group as far as cameras but I'm starting out with a simple Minolta DiMage G400. I looooove taking pictures though and am excited to learn much, much more!

I'm from Georgia -U.S.- just started my own biz for desktop publishing so wish me well on that venture! I was in advertising for 7 years and hope to get back into here in the very near future.

Looking forward to learning from everyone and just chatting as well!

Lisa Smile

Yes, I'm an Amateur &
I Work Hard for that Title
Wink

Hey Lisa...

Great to meet you - remember it's usually the photographer, not the camera which makes the good pictures (although some cameras help) Big Grin Feel free to post any shots you have and I'm sure the members here will provide some constructive comments.

Wow, marketing huh? You must be a very creative person Big Grin

Greetings all. I figured I'd do the polite thing and introduce myself. Smile

I am Karen, 27, from Michigan (USA) just outside Detroit (I grew up in the city). I am joyfully married, have 5 lovely children (4 boys, one spoiled girl), and work full time as an emergency services dispatcher/911 operator. Photography is just a hobby I am starting to dabble in- not much $$ in the budget for toys, but I'm having a lot of fun with what I have (Sony DSC-V1 and plenty of memory sticks). Obviously, I mostly take pictures of my kidlets.

I also make wedding cakes (for fun, not profit), do custom hand embroidery, play the guitar badly and the cello even worse, and never seem to get enough sleep. Smile I am quite opinionated but I keep most of my ideas to myself.

I use a mac and am trying to get more proficient in photoshop, which is new to me within the last 2 months.

I think that covers it. Big Grin

KJ

Welcome Karen! I'm Ian - I help moderate the music forums here - mainly guitar crazy, but I'll happily chat about anything musical.

I'm sure the others will intro themselves soon. Please feel free to contribute anything to the forums - photos, opinions and just general chatter. Great having you on board! Smile

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Bonjourno!

I live in Canada.. Vancouver Island to be specific, and Victoria to be more specific. I am 36 years old, no kids but have a lovely dog and endearing partner who supports my camera hobby... she has even asked me to go for the next model up on lenses to ensure I'll be happy. Now THATS living.

I am a career firefighter with the city of Victoria, pop 350,000. I was a long time International Resource Economist who turned disgruntled with the 5 and 2 workweek, suits and desks.

My equipment is Nikon based: D70, 70-200vr, 300f4, 50 1.8 and related bags. I am looking for something in the speedy 12-24 or 17-55 class if anyone is looking to sell.

I most enjoy taking nature and landscape shots.

Fantastic to meet all of you!

www.pbase.com/jerichofire

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Hey great to finally meet (?) you jericho... or at least find out more about you. Big Grin

Nice set of equipment you have there...

Nice gallery as well. Thanks for the link - love the hummingbird shot...

Thanks! Great to be here. I have to personally thank Rufus for inviting me.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Wow people personally thank Rufus? Whats this world coming to Wink

Hey Jericho, how come you said Bonjourno? Shouldn't you be doing a Bonjour since you live up there with the froggies? No I don't mean Toad, I mean the seperatist kind Wink

shuttertalk Wrote:Hey Lisa...

Great to meet you - remember it's usually the photographer, not the camera which makes the good pictures (although some cameras help) Big Grin Feel free to post any shots you have and I'm sure the members here will provide some constructive comments.

Wow, marketing huh? You must be a very creative person Big Grin

Thanks, nice meeting you, too. Where should I post my shots? I read somewhere about a specific place you guys were developing on here......or is there not a specific place ........or......is there...a specific..place......or.... Rolleyes

I like to think I'm creative... Big Grin When I post some pics, I look forward to everyone's feedback!

Yes, I'm an Amateur &
I Work Hard for that Title
Wink

Cool... you can post shots in the Photo Showcase section for the time being. I'm currently working on integrating the gallery with the site.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=19

I'm sure everyone would be more than happy to comment on your photos Big Grin

StudioJ Wrote:Wow people personally thank Rufus? Whats this world coming to Wink

Hey Jericho, how come you said Bonjourno? Shouldn't you be doing a Bonjour since you live up there with the froggies? No I don't mean Toad, I mean the seperatist kind Wink

You're such a clown Jamie. Big Grin Vancouver Island is well over 3000 miles from Quebec. I thought you knew that. Rolleyes

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Well. after reading the entire thread I suppose it's my turn. First off, I had no idea Rufus and I had so much in common. Things I'd rather not post either. Rolleyes
I'll be 39 Sept 5. I'm a Mechanic for a Luxury Yacht Manufacturer. West Bay Sonship I've been in and out of photography since 1995. I live near Vancouver in beautiful B.C. Canada. I transplanted from Toronto in 1993. Married with 1 German Shorthair and 1 Calico Rat, I mean cat. Big Grin
Hockey-YES!
Mountain biking-YES!
(Just need the shoulder to heel Sad )
I have played with Photoshop for about 3-4 years and started doing photo restorations for $ until recently I decided to invest in a photography business. I have a home studio and shoot with a D-Rebel, various lenses, etc. I am currently working on my website Cloverdale Photography.
As some of you know Rufus, Polly, Sleghamer, Jericho, Jamie, Toad and myself are a family of member from an old site that shut down. Thanks to Toad and inadvertently, Rufus. My opologies to anyone I forgot from ADI.
I have more photos at http://www.pbase.com/conk

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images