Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lightroom 1.1 Released

Adobe has released a free upgrade to Lightroom, bringing it to version 1.1. I haven't tried it yet, but here's a list of new features.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/

The list of updates, new features, and improved behaviour is massive. New sharpening and noise controls are the biggest additions, but it's worth going over the full list. For example, LR will now have the option of automatically 'ejecting' memory cards once they're finished importing. Neat stuff.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Just downloaded the update - sounds good.

Canon stuff.

It does look good -- the new "Clarity" control to accent local contrast is really great. It replaces the high-radius unsharp mask trick that I usually forgot to use in Photoshop.

I'm not seeing any new noise control, but I'm sure I heard that mentioned in a previous leak. I don't know if they dropped it, or if there's a new method under the old name. Other than that, I haven't been unhappy with any of the changes.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post