Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lightroom 5 file management

I've been playing with Lightroom 5 and trying to get to grips with the file management tools. There's lots of videos on workflow but no much on how to manage files, star ratings and folders etc. Does anyone have an aide memoir or set of crib cards for this aspect of the software?

(Feb 23, 2014, 17:29)Ferenc Wrote:  I've been playing with Lightroom 5 and trying to get to grips with the file management tools. There's lots of videos on workflow but no much on how to manage files, star ratings and folders etc. Does anyone have an aide memoir or set of crib cards for this aspect of the software?

Ferenc;

If you could describe what you're not comprehending?

The cataloging is really not hard to understand.
When you 'import' your images, just make sure the message says 'Importing without moving'. Then you are left with a catalog of your images, but they are where you left them.

I, personally, use stars when I cull a shoot. I add 2 stars to those images I think are acceptable, and 3 stars to those I think are best. Then I filter on 2 or greater stars, and work on those.
Stars, flags, colors are all just markers that you use in any way that suits the way you work.

Now, I work differently than most. I create a new catalog for every shoot/client/project. The way Adobe wants you to work is to have LR catalog EVERY image you have. Then you can keyword and rate every image so it's findable.

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
D2Xs, D200's, D100's, LightRoom, CS-CC
2HowardsPhoto.biz

thanks for the list guys. it'll really help me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post