Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lucky again...

Great pictures. Danni is certainly a ham. Definitely a belly rub or face wash opportunity. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Blob.

[Image: guts-002.jpg]

My flickr images

Isn't it amazing how they lay down on a tiled floor, and obviously are very comfortable? This is the true and pure art of relaxation! Big Grin

BTW your floor tiles go very well with Tasha's fur, did you buy them to fit? Big Grin

This one I titled "Move!":

[Image: 290_DSC_0003.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I'm sure Tasha has some camaleon ancestors. Smile I love her colors...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

That floor is actually lino. It is a parimeter bonded linolium floor on top of concrete as we have radiant heated floors. So what happens is Tasha finds a hot spot on the floor and that's where she'll sleep. That photo is pretty washed out from the sunlight. Thanks you guys. Tasha loves you too. Big Grin

My flickr images

It's quite a while that I posted a picture of Lucky... Big Grin

[Image: 295_DSC_0003-Kopie.jpg]

Nice little portrait G. Smile

My flickr images

Did Lucky miss you guys while you were gone? Big Grin

I don't think so, Swantje was really very kind with Lucky, she spent a lot of time at home reading and watching TV. So Lucky didn't feel alone. Both got a long nicely, I'm very happy for that.

Paul Cezanne

Hey guys,

I just realised I hadn't posted any pics of my cats with the new camera... so I ducked outside and snapped this one of Rocket before the sun went down.

Not an amazing shot by any means, but the light was lovely on her whiskers and face, and she has gorgeous eyes as always although this shot doesn't really do them justice (they are greener IRL) Smile

[Image: Rocket720.jpg]

She was in the garage, and you can see my kombi and my reflection in her eyes - quite clearly at 100% crop (lucky I had clothes on! hahaha).

[Image: RocketEye.jpg]

I probably should have gone for just a touch more DOF on this one though. Her right eye (on our left) isn't quite as sharp as her other eye.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Wow, lovely pic Kombi! The eyes are absolutely stunning! Look like pools of emerald or something... Big Grin

Great photos. The crop is cool with the reflection. More Rocket pics please! Big Grin

My flickr images

hehe.. ok Pete, you asked for it. And thanks for the kind words guys, I'll pass them onto the model. Smile

Here are two more I took of Rocket at the same time today. The first one below (and the original one above) are as they are from the camera with just some RAW tweaking in DPP to optimize contrast/WB/exposure.
The 2nd one below was rotated slightly and cropped in Photopaint to make it appear as symmetrical as possible (and quite unsettling IMHO). It also had a stronger contrast applied which brought out her eyes a bit more (this is how they appear in real life), but nothing else.

And yes, the kombi and I appear reflected in all of them!

[Image: Rocket720_2.jpg]

[Image: Rocket720_3.jpg]

Oh, and Pete I noticed in some earlier pics that your cat has really lovely eyes too. They look great with her pastelly fur (loved those couple of photos on the first page of this thread). Coincidently my first cat who I got when I was two (called Charlie) also had the nickname "Blob".

In fact I just happen to have a scanned photo right here the day I got Charlie as a kitten - Christmas day, 1973. He lived for 13 years Smile I have since learned how to pick up cats correctly.

[Image: Me%20And%20Charlie.jpg]

Adrian Broughton

Rocket looks wonderful! The last one is a "Poster", and the picture of her eye is amazing! Beautiful green! The series is great. I will try what you say about contrast with some pictures I have from Lucky. Sometimes the colors doesn't look as she is. It is funny but my best picture from Lucky with beautiful colors was in a sunset. The sky was red and she was in the fence She got nice colors then but in daylight she looks rather pale in my pictures....

Your last picture is great! I think Charlie was a friendly guy, you look very confident picking him up this way. It seems that he had beautiful gray colors. Lovely picture, and thanks for sharing Smile

Paul Cezanne

More great shots. I still pick my cat up like that. I don't think there's a right or wrong way. Big Grin Thanks for your comments on Tasha. I'll be sure to tell her. Smile

My flickr images

Danni was feeling left out with Rocket getting all the attention the other day, so I snapped this candid shot of her this afternoon while she was trying to catch the last few rays of afternoon sun through some closed blinds.

She looked lovely with those shafts of light over her and I wanted to take several photos, but as soon as I took this shot she noticed me and came wandering over for a pat. So this is the only one I got with this light on her. Still, I think this shot manages to capture the moment sufficently.

[Image: DanniInSun.jpg]

Adrian Broughton

[Image: CAT.jpg]

Cave canem

Adrian, this is a beautiful picture!

Give in to your hate, Luke. Give in to the power of the dark side... Big Grin

Very very nice pictures Adrian!!!

shuttertalk Wrote:Give in to your hate, Luke. Give in to the power of the dark side... Big Grin

Catburgers to you! Tongue

Cave canem

You sure did capture the moment. Smile

My flickr images

Not a picture but Cat related.......

A couple of weeks ago the boss at work called in to say he was going to be late... his wife's 3 show dogs had got out and had cornered their cat, a terrible fight ensued and there was blood and fur everywhere...... but don't worry, this isn't a feline horror story. The cat, Champion, is unharmed and it was for all 3 dogs to be checked over and have a few stitches. The cat kicked all 3 of their collective butts!

Quite the appropriate name. None of the dogs have any lasting damage either so all is good, and apparently now, 2 of the dogs run and hide behind their owner at the sound of the cats bell Big Grin

Yeah, that's a cat! Big Grin

Our late Charlie used to do that to the neighbor's JRTs. One of them was really stupid and tried every so often again, just to be sent home with a bloody nose. On the other one Charlie has made a lasting impression - I watched one day when the dog came around the corner, sniffing something on the floor and, looking up, found herself face to face with Charlie. There was a yelp and a cloud of dust and the doggie was gone. Smile

Thanks for the feedback guys. Smile

I'm so glad this shot turned out as I didn't get a second chance at it, and it isn't often I get the chance to take an impromptu and somewhat unique photo like this. It gives me hope...

Full credit to the light metering in the camera though, as this would have been a tough shot to meter for. I had it set to Aperture Priority, f/4 @ 70mm and normal metering - it gave me a shutter speed of 1/80sec. It also highlights the much better dynamic range of the DSLR sensor compared to my old P&S - I'm sure I would've totally lost the shadows and probably highlights as well with my P&S. With this image, it kept both (although I deliberately blew the highlights a bit in post to keep the contrast without losing the shadows).

In hindsight, I should have moved a bit further away and zoomed in a bit and used a touch of fill-in flash. Just a bit more light in those shadows would've given me a lot more flexibility in RAW editing, and I could still have put the contrast back in if I wanted.

Interesting (and not surprising) story Bob.. I love hearing about cats that lay a big smackdown on dogs - especially big tough dogs like Rufus! Tongue

Adrian Broughton

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
May 26, 2016, 20:20
Last Post by EdMak
Mar 27, 2015, 09:05
Last Post by Toad
Jan 4, 2011, 11:17