Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mailers and DVDs

Right now I am booked with family and senior sessions. I splurged a bit on pink bubblewrap envies, designer labels, business cards, and pretty DVDs to put the photos on. All in all right under $30 for 500 cards, 10 DVDs and cases, 10 pink envies, and 100 labels. I'm doing about 10 sessions a month, so next month I'll just have to spend about $18 on more DVDs and envies.

What do you think? Excuse the cruddy iPod photo quality. Is it worth $1.80 a client to have nice presentation?

I'd spend it, though I print custom labels for all shoots I am delivering on a disc, makes sure my name and contact information are on it for them.

(Oct 15, 2012, 16:50)EnglishBob Wrote:  I'd spend it, though I print custom labels for all shoots I am delivering on a disc, makes sure my name and contact information are on it for them.

I didn't think about putting my info on the disc... I may look into that next month after I've used these. Right now I am popping apart the plastic DVD cases and tucking busines cards in the back before putting them back together. Your way may be easier and more professional. Thanks for the idea!

Those sleeves look very nice.

Its funny, but strangely enough for a newish technology, DVDs are already almost end-of-life. I see more and more businesses (at least in the computer industry) releasing their stuff on monogrammed thumb drives.

A lot of new TV sets are incorporating USB ports (and even streaming devices) directly into their hardware. Thumb Drives replaced floppy disk drives in computers not that long ago, and now streaming photo and video from the internet is starting to force DVDs down the same path to obsolescence.

Not that this affects the validity of personalized DVD sleeves (which are a great idea), but its interesting how technology marches on. I never thought that I would see the end of CDs/DVDs in my lifetime, but there you go.

I was giving away USB drives but they were $2.50 each. Trying to save a bit of money because it adds up over time. Haven't seen them monogrammed yet but that would be really neat!

We got a photo taken at the Palm Springs Tram car and it came on flash drive with the prints.