Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Making postcards of some of my photos

I thought I would try to make some postcards out of some of my best photos, and try to sell them. It is possible to get it done at a local printing office, but they are charging aprox. 1.5 to 3 USD for each card, depending on the number.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get it done cheaper somewhere else, via the internet?

Off the top of my head I'm not so sure of cost but vistaprint does this sorta thing.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

You used to be able to buy photographic paper with post card stuff printed on the back. That was in the old film days. Spritone used to sell it. It seems likely your could find such forms again or make them on the back of your ink jet print paper.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Petographer: Thanks, I visited their website and signed up for an account for recieving special offers. The next day they had an offer that gave me 100 postcards for free! Cool So I sent a front and back-photo, and in a few weeks I will recieve them in the mail. I'll come back and write my response here.

Don: Yeah, I've heard of that. Never tried it though. I have also heard of stickers with adress-lines (similar to the back print of a postcard) you can stick to the back of photos from a photo lab. But that's just not the kind of quality I am after. I want "real" postcards... :/ I'm quite demanding, you know... Big Grin

Well, I promised you I would come back with a response, and here it is. I recieved my postcards from Vistaprints yesterday, and I am definitly satisfied. The quality is good, both for the front and back print. It also took shorter time than expected: they said 21 days for production and shipping, it only took twelve. I can recomend Vistaprint! Cool

What is the cost per postcard normally?

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

The price for 100 postcards are normally US $24.99, but they have special offers all the time. You can see Vistaprint's postcard page here. The shipping fee comes in addition to the price. Shipping within the U.S. would be US $5.25 (for 21 days, witch took me twelve)... So if you do the math, it will be US $0.3024 for each card.

Sounds pretty cool... do you think you could post some photos of the postcards?

Lol... photos of postcards of photos... Big Grin

Thanks for the info, VistaPrint has a UK site, I might try them out.

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

Thanks for the info - I was going to engage in a similar project soon - and had not yet done the research..

I was thinking it would be nice to have some postcards of some of my pics ( when i get more that i like ) . But how would you market them ( sell them ? ) or are you just giving them away to freinds and family ? Just curious .

......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Shuttertalk: Here's a photo of the postcards: [Image: postkort.jpg] Wink

Shawn: I'm not planning getting rich selling these... it's more just for fun, to see how it goes. The postcards are a photo of my small home town. I know the people running the local hotel, so I'll ask them to sell them. If they sell good, maybe I'll make more, of other photos also. If not, well, I really haven't lost anything... Btw. I have printed my web site adress at the back of the postcards, so maybe one thing will lead to the other, and I can sell some of my photos...

Cool! Sounds like a great idea! Big Grin

good idea EspenM , about the website , and i have to agree with you about you not being out much if nothing happens with them . Just thought i would ask . LOL .

BTW your shots are good enough to sell IMO........

........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Sounds really good Espen - let us know how they sell!

Canon stuff.

start sending out to us first..... Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post