Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Manchester Street Scene

Had a few days wandering the streets, canals, museums, and galleries of Manchester. Took a lot of photos but few that are keepers. Already deleted a great swathe. I will post a few more later, but meanwhile here's one I actually like.

Comments, criticism, thoughts all welcome, and encouraged.

Myself, I like the shapes (repetition - or rhythm as I think such things are called in photography books), and perspective. I like the one blue item amongst all the red, and the fact that it's standing out into the alleyway a little. The approaching car makes the scene (for me) - pure luck it was red, and the fact it reminded me of old Starsky and Hutch episodes!

All of which was pure luck rather than planned or considered!

Nikon D7100 with the kit 18-55 lens at 35mm, f/8, 1/250th and ISO 320

[Image: 37331424490_2a6259a94d_c.jpg]

Street Scene, Manchester (small) by Derek Rutherford, on Flickr

Derek, generally I enjoy the way you have composed this shot - the perspective and the repetition work very well indeed, as do the red car and the blue bin.

It would have been good to include all of the red bin at bottom right, either by a slight change of position or a small reduction of focal length. A few local PP tweaks I would try would involve subtle changes to lighting - lifting the brightness of the shadows slightly to reveal more of the detail there, and accentuating the blue bin with a bit more brightness and saturation of the blue.

We all see things differently, so these are just my opinions, of course.

Cheers.
Philip

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by webber
Aug 4, 2016, 13:14
Last Post by Jocko
Jan 29, 2016, 02:30
Last Post by EdMak
Feb 21, 2015, 15:26