Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Matt photo paper

I recently bought some Canon Matt Photo paper and am amazed at the depth that prints give. The Canon paper is only 170gsm in the A4 size and is not like the photo paper that labs use. Is anyone else using matt paper for printing and is there some heavier paper that might work with the Canon printers.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Ooo, now I'm interested! "Depth"? Can you describe more?

Is it the textured matt paper or just the non-glossy smooth one?

What printer are you using again?

"Depth", sort of deep bottomless blacks that are not shiny, also the primary colours really stand out against any black areas. This is the Canon "non shiny" "Matt" paper, 170gsm. I would like heavier paper for starters and more texture, maybe I am dreaming because you can only do that with a chemical based process.

Using PIXMA iP3000, very happy with the prints, particularly on Canon paper.

Albert Einstein

Looks as though I'm going to have to buy some now. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I have some matt paper, but like yours it is pretty light weight. While the pictures look good on it, they aren't durable as the paper is too flimsy.

EnglishBob Wrote:I have some matt paper, but like yours it is pretty light weight. While the pictures look good on it, they aren't durable as the paper is too flimsy.

The prints I am doing with it at the moment are some I wanted to put in a display folder so they are behind plastic slip cover sheets so they are reasonably protected.

Albert Einstein

I always use matt or semi-gloss papers. They are usually cheaper than glossy. Right now I'm using Canon Matt Photo Paper (MP 101). Results are excellent on my Epson printer.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Exactly the stuff I am playing with, bit lightweight for most printing though.

Albert Einstein

Mine feels like a light card stock.
--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Yes it does but I find if I am putting it in a folder then it is fine.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 3, 2020, 06:59