Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

McLendon Caricature Photography: How?

Hello all!
So I came across McLendon Photography and his Caricature Booth;  https://mclendonphotography.pixieset.com
Great idea and great results if you ask me!
Does anyone know how to achieve this effect and what lens he would be using?
I think its quite a challenge to keep all bodyparts sharp while blowing them up like that (Liquify cant achieve that)
I found a tutorial on youtube with a sort-of-like the same effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeL2F4cgyPs
However I think McLendon does the photo-shopping live with his models around laughing, so I guess he must have a faster way of getting there. 
Any suggestions anyone? How can he do it live fast on location and how does he keep the sharpness in the images?

Does nothing for me. Ed.

To each his own!

There are many "morphing" software applications around if you are into this sort of thing. My grandsons have it on their 'phones.

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

(Apr 18, 2017, 12:36)GrahamS Wrote:  There are many "morphing" software applications around if you are into this sort of thing.  My grandsons have it on their 'phones.

Aha so it's called morphing! Great, i will have a look into it. I am still quite surprised about the sharp outcome of the pictures in total though; i can't imagine it's just a filter in a software application, but then again; all software is becoming better and better.
Maybe I'm just 'oldschool' by just using Photoshop and Lightroom Wink

This type of photography might be achievable with the new Photoshop versions as well since the liquify tool has face recognition, you might create some actions and use this type of photography at events. If you work on a 20-24 mp image when exporting for web the the softening effect due to warping pixels might not be visible at low res.

(Apr 28, 2017, 01:31)RobertMurariu Wrote:  This type of photography might be achievable with the new Photoshop versions as well since the liquify tool has face recognition, you might create some actions and use this type of photography at events. If you work on a 20-24 mp image when exporting for web the the softening effect due to warping pixels might not be visible at low res.
I have not found a Photoshop version with the liquify tool as face recognition; but I use CS5, so I might be a bit behind Wink
Yes I think it's a great idea this guy had with making this photobooth and put it at a party. You can bring a small usb printer and hand-out prints right away.

(May 2, 2017, 06:57)GerbenG Wrote:  
(Apr 28, 2017, 01:31)RobertMurariu Wrote:  This type of photography might be achievable with the new Photoshop versions as well since the liquify tool has face recognition, you might create some actions and use this type of photography at events. If you work on a 20-24 mp image when exporting for web the the softening effect due to warping pixels might not be visible at low res.
I have not found a Photoshop version with the liquify tool as face recognition; but I use CS5, so I might be a bit behind Wink
Yes I think it's a great idea this guy had with making this photobooth and put it at a party. You can bring a small usb printer and hand-out prints right away.
If you want face recognition in the liquify tool you'll have to upgrade to Ps cc

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post