Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Melbourne?????

Against all odds, there is a long shot that I will be taking a business trip to Melbourne in the next few months. Drinks are on me...

I know Jules lives there - but am unclear about who else may be close for a Shuttertalk-type evening...

Best
T

Only going to miss me by 600km. Sad

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Sydney born and bred, however love Melbourne - you will enjoy it and lots of photo opportunities

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Only about 2800km~3000km from me I think! Smile

Sorry, I doubt I'll be able to join you all for any Shuttertalk meeting in Melbourne Tongue

Finally, someone coming my way!! Big Grin Awesome!

Closer to the date, send me an email with details Rob, and we'll definitely have to catch up! Big Grin

Will do - its still all very tentative, but we'll see..

I could be there, looking forward to it.Smile

I'll be in Adelaide toward the end of April, does that count?

(Do people actually go to Melbourne? All the Australians I meet are coming from there... Tongue )

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Well, its starting to firm up - still not 100% - but 90% now for October 11-17...

Ok - its definate now. I arrive in Melbourne Sunday morning, Oct 8, have all day Sunday and Monday open, and leave on Saturday, 14.

I will be staying near the downtown on St. Kilda.

Jules: PM me a phone number and any ideas you might have for a get together.

You see what the offer of 'drinks on me' can do.Smile Can't make it myself as I will be in the canaries, although it's only a shortish hop. Bit tricky, sneaking on the aircraft these days.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

When is anyone comeing to the great state of Mississippi ? How far is Melbourne from here ? can i make it on a tank of gas LOL ......

Hope yall have fun ( i miss all the fun ) .......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Banded Drake Wrote:When is anyone comeing to the great state of Mississippi ? How far is Melbourne from here ? can i make it on a tank of gas LOL ......

Hope yall have fun ( i miss all the fun ) .......... Shawn
Funny you said that. My wife said today, do I fancy going to America for a holiday. So I said whereabouts, and she says Florida. I said what do you want to go to Florida for. and she says Disneyland. I weep.Wink
But you never know. How far is Mississipi from Florida?

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I'll be in Nashville next week. Not Mississippi - bu tdown i that neck of the woods...

Florida is a good ways from mississippi about a 14 hour ride , but Nashville is only about 4 hours away from here your getting closer LOL . Maybe your wife would love to see some of the Elvis stuff in stead of Disney ( yea right LOL ) . Big Grin

............Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

My wife won't be along, Drake. This is business - I will also be in Nashville, Oct 18-21, and in Atlanta Oct 22-29.

Let's see Vancouver to Nashville to Vancouver to Melbourne to Vancouver to Nashville to Atlanta to Vancouver in October.... Where am I now?

Aww I'm there from the 19th-21st so miss you by a few days! Have a good trip, don't get Julian too drunk he can't handle it Tongue

Aww bugger... would have been nice to see both of you at once... but yeah, we'll definitely have to catch up. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Irma
Feb 20, 2007, 10:55
Last Post by shuttertalk
Oct 13, 2006, 08:18
Last Post by adam
Nov 15, 2005, 13:50