Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Migrating from Nikon D7000 to D7200

I am thinking of making the move from my 2 year old D7000 to the latest D7200.
I am wondering if it is possible to transfer my D7000 setup directly to the new D7200 using the settings file stored on the D7000 SD card. (not the User U1/U2 settings, but the main setup)
You can save your main settings on the D7000 and reload them at any time, so I am wondering if I can just remove the card and put it into the D7200 and load the file and get all my setting done in a jiffy.

Anyone tried this or have any comments ?

Cheers

Iain

As far as I know, settings aren't stored on the SD card. Plus, not every setting corresponds between models. I imagine it wouldn't take long for you to readjust them, though, would it?

(Mar 31, 2015, 02:17)kNox Wrote:  As far as I know, settings aren't stored on the SD card. Plus, not every setting corresponds between models. I imagine it wouldn't take long for you to readjust them, though, would it?

They are stored on the card .... In fact Ken Rockwell allows you to download the settings he uses ... you simply load that to your card and "LOAD". Also is you go to "SAVE" you see the card being written to and you can take the card out and see the file on a PC.

But I think your maybe correct, there may be subtle differences between the cameras that would cause problems, I have a lot of customization and a lot of items in "MY MENU" so it could save a lot of effort, but I may need top do it the hard way !

My biggest switch so far was between a D3100 and a D7100 - probably a bigger leap than the one you're making - and I know that none of the settings matched. You might be right too, though!

Nikon have told me the this can only be used for transferring from like to like, i.e. Transferring from one D7000 to another D7000. However not between different models.

Thanks for help and comments.

Iain

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by delb0y
Apr 9, 2017, 04:26
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jan 4, 2017, 10:00