Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Monopod handle... You can make it!

Don't know about you, but i'm allergic to humping a tripod. It's just too much trouble.
I use a sirui p-326 stick and found the extra handle very useful when using a tele or when doing video.
I have made a simple plastic handle that is very light (a few ounces) and anyone can do so if they wanted. It is a piece of cheap 1 and 1/2 inch (40mm) plumbing pipe from a hardware store. Cover with some glued on closed cell pvc foam.

You have to cut one end with a hacksaw, then heat and bend the plastic, filing it to shape to fit into your monopod head. Velcro glued to your handle and monopod will hold in firmly in position. If you make it a snug fit and buy a heavy grade of pvc it will not break or wobble.
I have found by placing foot of my stick a bit forward (so it leans to me slightly)
there is no forward or backward movement. Then using a pvc handle to stop lateral twist, you can hold long lenses or video very steady. It's also not much to carry.
My stick and handle both clip on the side of my camera pack when hoofing it.
I've also attached a pic of handy mike attachment to use on your stick. I works very well.. jim t

Attached Files Image(s)

Thank you for sharing!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post