Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Monument Valley for English Bob

here are a couple from my stop at the Navajo Tribal Park last June... all shot with 40D and Tamron SP17-35, various exposure settings...

Mitten Buttes, late afternoon,taken from the campground near the start of Wildcat Trail...

[Image: IMG_5135HDRsm.jpg]

West Mitten Butte and juniper, shot from the side of the road through the valley

[Image: IMG_5125sm.jpg]

the "postcard" shot, the famous view down highway 163, looking SE toward Monument Valley. "The King On His Throne" is visible in the distance, just left of where the highway disappears...

[Image: IMG_5349smps.jpg]

a 3-frame panoramic of the Mittens and Merrick Butte, the original makes a nice 12x36 print... Wink

[Image: MonumentValleypanosm.jpg]

~ Rocky
Any camera will record what you see, but YOU have to SEE!
Canon 5D & 40D; Canon 100-400L, Tamron SP17-35 and SP24-135
www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Great images there Smile The one of the mittens with the tree in the foreground is identical to one of the shots I have, as well as the road shot.

I will have to finish processing mine and post them. Thanks for posting these for me.

The thing that makes this place sentimental to me goes back to my father. I grew up in England watching old John Wayne/John Ford movies and I told my dad I would go there one day with him. I lost my dad when I was 16 and so we never got to take that vacation. So when I planned my road trip earlier this year i just had to go there, brought back lots of memories of my dad 21 years after he passed away.

then i'm sure you'll recognize this one... John Ford Point... complete with "cowboy" posing on horseback, a la the movie scene... Wink

[Image: IMG_0399sm-1.jpg]

~ Rocky
Any camera will record what you see, but YOU have to SEE!
Canon 5D & 40D; Canon 100-400L, Tamron SP17-35 and SP24-135
www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Yep, I missed the time for the "actors" posing by a couple of hours. I really need to get my pictures ready for posting.

Love #2 and #3 in particular Pavel

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by webber
Nov 25, 2017, 09:53