Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

More 5Dmk2 nonsense...

...or not?
For those who may be interested in this sort of stuff, menstech.com seems to report that the Canon 5D Mk2 will arrive on June 2nd at a dollar price of 3500; 15.3MP full-frame, ISO up to 12800, 3 inch LCD, 6 or 3 FPS and a host of other stuff.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

yep...

dpreview has a post in the canon forum already since last week telling that it will be announced on April 22...

They give this specifications...

Quote:The specs of the new camera are as follows (final name unavailable):

- 15.3 MP full frame CMOS sensor (vastly improved light-gathering capacity per pixel: improved micro lenses; miniaturized micro circuitry; enhanced signal/noise ratio)

- Weather sealing same as 1Ds Mark III

- Dual Digic III with all-new "CXR" NR system reported to best 3rd party NR software. Available as a C.F with 4 levels of customizable parameters.

14 bit A/D conversion

- ISO 12800 (C.F. up to 25600)

- Reported 1 2/3 stop sensitivity improvement

- All-new 29-point TTL CMOS sensor
with 12 cross-type for F/2.8 or faster lens
(35% faster than 40D)

- Micro lens fine adjustment for up to 14 lenses

- 300,000 exposure shutter durability

- 6.0 / 3.0 fps

- 3.0" LCD
922,000 pixels

- EOS Integrated Cleaning System

- Live View (improved from 450D; latest generation)

- 6/3 fps continuous shooting for up to 68 frames

- MSRP $3499, available June 2
... but let's see... there has been so much rumours about this... anyway if that were the case I would wait some six months to be tested and reviewed... then I will see... Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

hmmm, right now I would particularly love the weather sealing and sensor cleaning.... Sad

as for the rest, sounds fancy, but I don't feel like I need most of it. of course if you use ISO 12800 \ 25600, I expect to need good noise reduction.

Uli

I knew I should've kept my mouth shut...Rolleyes

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Quote:I knew I should've kept my mouth shut...
At the contrary Zig, it is very interesting that you broght the topic up. Because when you said you would get a 5D, I became curious to know whether you will buy the actual 5D or you will wait for the new model...

Quote:hmmm, right now I would particularly love the weather sealing and sensor cleaning....
I am with you here Uli, but I also like very much the idea of the live view. I have heard that this improves a lot your focusing.... I also hope they bring some options that are in the menu out with some extra buttons.
Let's see... I can't wait to see it... Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hey, I was interested and glad you posted that. I hadn't seen it although I have been expecting an upgrade to the 5D. I can't afford that but it means the price on the remaining units of the current model are likely to drop even further in price. Smile That might be affordable. BTW a friend of mine has the current 5D and tells me the signal to noise ratio is very good. He sent me a group shot he took by the light of some yard torches after dark and it was excellent.

ADK Jim

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by shuttertalk
Aug 16, 2004, 04:47