Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

More Candles

here are a few more candle shots that i took last night of my oldest daughter. I found out that #1 i need more candles to do these shots and #2 if you do not have enough candles the subjects have to get closer to the candles and i need to get a faster lens ( f4 just wasnt enough ) to get it " right.

I did " play " a little bit with these but just to try to make them look better in PS . Please tell me what you think . I want to get these " right " i love shooting with candles ...

#1 [Image: SaraCandle1.jpg]

#2[Image: SaraBW1.jpg]

thanks for looking ..Shawn

i am using iso 200 , should i go up to 400 maybe for these pictures?

all the settings were F4 @ 1.5 sec ( i was using Apreture Priorty ( sp ) ) and like i already said ISO 200

Thanks ........... Shawn

maybe i should have put this in the right area , I ment to put it in the critic area .. I need some help .... LOL

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Maybe try a flash of light (torch/or similar) just before you shoot.
This should make her pupils smaller and then she won't look like a frightened rabbit.
Unless that is the effect you require.
The light looks a bit yellow, try different WB. Again unless you like it that way.
Nice daughter, lucky man.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

WB? not sure what you mean . And the flash of light is a great idea .

and thank you for the compliment on my daughter , i am very lucky to have 2 very pretty girls . Now i need help on keeping the boys away Big Grin .

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Banded Drake Wrote:WB? not sure what you mean . And the flash of light is a great idea .

and thank you for the compliment on my daughter , i am very lucky to have 2 very pretty girls . Now i need help on keeping the boys away Big Grin .
WB = White Balance
You got two. Wow.
As for the boys, I think you will be fighting a losing battle.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

NT...Drake's shooting film.....no WB Smile

LOL , i think i need to specifiy that more often ( me shooting film ) . I think that i am the only one on here that does.

And thanks again for the help ....Shawn

Banded Drake Wrote:LOL , i think i need to specifiy that more often ( me shooting film ) . I think that i am the only one on here that does.

And thanks again for the help ....Shawn
Whooooops. Stick with it. When you are the sole survivor you will be worth a fortune.Cool
Filters then instead of white balance, but which would make it look better I can't help you there.
When I started, colour was a thing of the future. Or for the millionaires.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.

You can use a photofilter in photoshop if you don't like the yellow tinge.

I've never worked with candles myself, but it looks quite nice to me, the first has a nice, soft glow to it. The rose works well too.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Schellamo Wrote:You can use a photofilter in photoshop if you don't like the yellow tinge.

I've never worked with candles myself, but it looks quite nice to me, the first has a nice, soft glow to it. The rose works well too.
thanks Schell,

i like the " glow " too , but i think that it would look better with less yellow. I was/am trying to get the softness more than anything , so i think that i need to change the style of candle. The next ones that i am going to get are the " stick " kind. I think the mixture of both will help . I plan on shooting more this weekend , and changing a few things ..

.......... Shawn