Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

More from the Humber

The lighthouses at Spurn point stand on this lonely, windswept and often beautiful spit of land stretching out into the Humber estuary, a gateway to the River Humber.

[Image: Humber4.jpg]

[Image: Humber3.jpg]

[Image: Humber5.jpg]

The old lighthouse, decommissioned many years ago, For some time utilised as
a water tower and also explosives store
[Image: Oldlighthouse_zpscb4d7667.jpg]

All images taken using a Nikon D300 and 70-300mm Nikkor lens.

http://www.ywt.org.uk/reserves/spurn-nature-reserve

Photography is a never-ending journey

Impressive, I particularly like the second one with the perpendicular aspects.
Mark

(Jan 16, 2015, 09:06)Mark Stewart-Clarke Wrote:  Impressive, I particularly like the second one with the perpendicular aspects.
Mark

Thanks Mark, it was a good visit, fortunately with decent weather, but not a soul in sight. There's quite a large are of mature gorze at the tip of Spurn Point which is home to some Roe Deer but the one I saw was too quick for me while I was floundering about trying to get position for a decent shot.

Peter

Top two for me Peter, the second one grows on me. Ed.

To each his own!

(Jan 16, 2015, 09:44)EdMak Wrote:  Top two for me Peter, the second one grows on me. Ed.

First one for me Ed, and a mistake in saying all were taken using the 70-300mm.
In fact the first one, as you may have suspected, was taken using a much wider lens - the Nikkor 16-85mm at 16mm.

Peter

Thank you for the nice series! I love light houses and scenes along the water! Appreciate it!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Jan 16, 2015, 17:55)Barbara G. Wrote:  Thank you for the nice series! I love light houses and scenes along the water! Appreciate it!

Me also, Barbara, I was brought up with the smell of the sea and spent many happy hours exploring the harbor and shore of my west coast home town.
Now I'm 75 miles from the coast and it's good to smell the sea air again whenever I can - and feel up to the journey.

Peter

Alot of my family is on the east coast in the US and I have many fond memories of visiting the coast. I really enjoyed the experience I was allowed to have during those years. There is nothing like walking the beach with no shoes and taking all of the sounds/smells into the senses.

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!