Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Most Popular DSLR Lenses

This was a survey of 170 respondents, so probably not the most definitive, but interesting to read nonetheless...
http://digital-photography-school.com/bl...lr-lenses/

Top 3 Canon:
1. Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens
2. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Standard Zoom Lens (equal 2nd)
3. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 Lens (equal 2nd)

Top 3 Nikon:
1. Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens
2. Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED-IF AF-S VR DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens
3. Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom Nikkor Lens

Wow, those Nikon guys really like that "L" glass... Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

matthew Wrote:Wow, those Nikon guys really like that "L" glass... Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Doh! Fixed... Smile

Lol

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

It's interesting to see the difference in lens preference between systems (now that there is one... Big Grin)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Haha, are you saying that Canon users tend to prefer optically superior L quality glass, while Nikon users stick to the consumer versions? Big Grin

Well, I was thinking more in terms of who uses what. After all, this is a list of the lenses people call their favourites, so actually owning one is just the first of a long list of mostly subjective criteria. I'm not surprised to see many variations of the normal prime making the list, since these are affordable, straightforward, and high-quality, but more expensive and modern lenses like the 24-105mm f/4 L and the 18-200mm VR must be really making an impression to rank so highly.

I just checked a popular site and found this list of the most-viewed reviews:

1. Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM
2. Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM
3. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM

1. Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR
2. Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF Zoom-Nikkor
3. Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8G AF-S DX

Given the sheer number of Digital Rebels sold, I'd have to guess that the single most common lens is its 'kit' 18-55.

Just like how windows was on many computers! hehe Big Grin

Well I have got the 50mm f1.8 and it out performs the kit lens, but it costs a fraction of any of the others.
I just wish it went to 150mm as well.Tongue
[Image: IMG_5671.jpg]
All done in irfanview. Sharpened once, resized to 640, sharpened once, uploaded. No other PP. Taken in Wales.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post