Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most impressive photography books (Wishlist)
Hi there all!
Over the years I have been very lucky to have had a lot of great photography books in my hands (great books of art and inspiration by great men; not instruction manuals, although they sometimes can be great as well; its not what i am talking about here). On my shell I have a few, including "dogs" by Elliot Erwitt, "The moment it clicks" and "The Hot Shoe Diaries" by Joe McNally, and "Heaven to Hell" by LaChapelle. 
Hwever: On my wishlist are still two (which both are very expensive) : Waits / Corbijn, and the most impressive one:
"Before they pass away" by Jimmy Nelson.

[Image: 51VwJAxofyL._SX415_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]
The story behind this book is most fascinating, although it has also gotten a lot of criticism.
There is a backstage trailer about this book here

But now:  I am of course always looking for more Wink
What is on your shelf and what is on your wishlist? I would love to hear some great inspiration!

Hi Gerben
I recently discovered Jimmy Nelson, i'm not into documentary style that much, but still, when i found out about his work and took a look at his pictures i saw pictures similar of
of those from photographers i used to look up and realised that a lot photographers are to copying him
regards Robert

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making money with photography on the road GerbenG 11 2,980 Jul 10, 2019, 02:36
Last Post: jogesh12345
  The Art of Action Photography washington1775 12 3,184 Jul 10, 2019, 01:26
Last Post: jogesh12345
  Camera for product photography jogesh12345 3 136 Jun 23, 2019, 12:32
Last Post: Barbara G.