Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Muddy tracks

Originally went to a local wood to photograph snowdrops but found these muddy tracks far more interesting. Critique please.

[img][Image: _MG_1372%20final%20tracks%20col_zps2mejsukz.jpg][/img]

Canon eos70, iso 800, 1/640sec, 17mm under exposed by 1 stop.

I think it's great that one can obtain a worthwhile image from what might seem to be a mundane scene. I like it, and the only suggestion I have is that maybe the closer single tree could be removed, but no more than a suggestion.

Photography is a never-ending journey

Interesting photo opportunities, like this one, can appear in the most unlikely places. Watch out for them or your photography might get stuck in a rut.

Cheers.
Philip

Definately with Peter on this one, icing on the cake. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Skilfully done edit Ed...

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Thanks for the suggestions but I thought the tree emphasised the corner with the track going uphill past it.

I thought the tree was a distraction... made the image all about the tree... without it, for me anyway, there is a sense of isolation ... someone has been here and had to work to get there... which way did they go... and if I was there... how far is it still to go... it's a great image with all kinds of potential associations for a viewer... albeit sans l'abre!

But, as is often said here... it is your image and I respect the fact that you have your own association and it includes the tree... Smile

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post