Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My Short Walk

went for a quick trip out in the fields behind the house. Gear : Sony A7, Minolta MC Tele Rokkor QD (1969) 135mm f3.5, 1/15sec, ISO 64. Straight out of camera, resizing only. I was just trying out lens, and trying to do justice to natures bounty... How did I do?

You did well, Randy. I like them both. I would try two things (neither may be successful - but worth experimenting). First is I'd try and lighten the top image a little. It just feels a little too dark to me. And secondly, on both images, I'd try a few different crops. On the first image there's possibly too much out of focus foreground and on the second there's too much of that tree in the top right quarter. But they're both fine shots.

I would agree with Derek regarding changing brightness and trying some cropping. 

If there are sufficient pixels in the originals, in my view it might be worth trying quite severe crops - in the first, to remove the dark background (top left); in the second, to remove the dazzling bright (top left); and in both, to remove the stalk on the right.

Cheers.
Philip

[attachment=7182]

[attachment=7183]

I agree with you both, I was under a tree shooting under another..laying on  the ground. My abilities of post production are non-existing. I do remember now that I was most concerned with keeping the ridge from left to right in focus, and I ignored the bursting of light. I will try cropping again and see what I can come up with. Thank You both for your time.

Ok Guys, I played with them...opinions?

(Oct 19, 2017, 17:00)randybk Wrote:  Ok Guys, I played with them...opinions?
Randy, your first edit in Post #5 looks good to me.  In the second, perhaps it needs to retain a bit more of the base; consider a crop so that the brown area leaves the image in the bottom left corner. 

Cheers.
Philip

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jul 5, 2018, 13:42
Last Post by EnglishBob
Apr 17, 2016, 23:05
Last Post by EdMak
Mar 19, 2016, 11:20