Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My new website launched...

Check it out...

http://www.photofx-canada.com/

...although, honestly, ny ego is so fragile these days, that I can't take much criticism. Smile

That looks really nice. The format is most unusual.
The only thing which bothers me, is that easel. It looks great, and I wouldnt change it, but what does it do? When I first went to the page, it had little mailboxes on it. Too small to really see them properly, not clickable either. Didnt quite grok that one, Mr T.

Cave canem

Incredibly genius. It is a gallery that really stands out from this day and age where every other kid (like me) has a gallery. You should be really proud.

I like the really interesting way you created your frontpage out of what seem to be 100% legit photos, but one thing is the wood frame on the easel. It looks so new and nice compared to the rest of the dingy area, I guess I would have used a more drab or beat up frame... But I really do like the work you've done. I assume it was all created by you, no? What kind of web creating knowledge did you use to write / manufacture a page like that?

-matt-

"It's not what you look at, it's what you see..."
http://www.matthewsaville.com

great stuff ...

Absolutely stunning, I love the layout it is perfect (even though I have seen nothing more than the front page!)

Toad Wrote:Check it out...

http://www.photofx-canada.com/

...although, honestly, ny ego is so fragile these days, that I can't take much criticism. Smile

Wow! I'm just starting to go through the site, still on the homepage and it's really VERY classy!

Excellent! Dreamweaver software I presume?

I'm away off to have a look through all the pix now Smile

Polly

Fantastic work, Toad!! Stunning is definitely the word.....
I do agree with Matthew about the easel....I like the fact
that it is there, but it takes away from the overall feel of
the page since it is "new" looking.

Yes, I'm an Amateur &
I Work Hard for that Title
Wink

I loooove the "Ghost Staircase"!

Yes, I'm an Amateur &
Wink

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Rufus: the easel is not clickable, but the photo in the easel is clickable - each page has a different one and they should popup an enlarged version of the photo within.

I wish I could take credit for the general design layout, but it is actually based on a purchased template - the wood background / easel format are a professional design that I modified a bit and populated with all my own words and images. I developed the links, popups and all of the "active" code with the exception of the sign used to change pages. I used straight HTML for all the coding which I edited in notepad, and PhotoShop for all of the images and image modifications - no web design software used at all - although I am sure that would have made it much easier if I had some. The gallery section is a modified version of a freeware program called "Web Album Generator" http://www.ornj.net/ that I adapted slightly to fit my own needs and integrated to the site as best as I could.

So - you see your kind praise is somewhat undeserved - I questioned using a template for the site, but I think that it looks much more professional than anything I could have clobbered together in a week - and after all - don't we all use templates and other canned software for our sites?

For what it is worth, I think I could do this kind of site without a template to start from now - maybe next time.

What an awsome design. Well done Toad. I haven't seen too much of your work until now and what you have displayed on your site is incredible. The work you did for Cradle to Grave is awesome!

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

So - you see your kind praise is somewhat undeserved

Oh, well, in that case...I take back everything! (just kidding, of course!) I see nothing wrong with using templates - they certainly get me through many days!!

You have a wonderful sense of style!

Yes, I'm an Amateur &
Wink

Hey...I just noticed...I'm a "Babbler" now! Is that.....a....good thing??? hehehe...

Yes, I'm an Amateur &
Wink

lismg9 Wrote:Hey...I just noticed...I'm a "Babbler" now! Is that.....a....good thing??? hehehe...

Hey lisa... yes it 's a good thing. Smile

There's a FAQ here with all the ranks...

Hey Toad-y... I know it's been said already, but I'll say it again -- awesome job with the website!! I think it's definitely one that leaves a lasting impression. I should hire you to give Shuttertalk a makeover Smile

Very nice design but not every one has broadband (or a fast connection even). I say this because being a 56k user my self the site can be quite slow on a slow connection and many people will just go away if it doesn;t load all that speedy, so the design is very nice vut if/when updateing maybe keep down with the graphics?

OT: That picture of you on the main page makes you look like the guy form Police acadamey (forgot his name) who gets maried with that bikey chick and he is trying to talk to his friend in the bar and he ends up yelling "I am still a virgin!" =P

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Nice work Toad.
You should be a graphic designer when you grow up.
Smile

When you grow up? he is like grown up already =P

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Irma