Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My third anniversary in Shuttertalk.

I registered to Shuttertalk three years ago. Without any knowledge about photography, but with the idea of learning how to take beautiful pictures... I still need to learn a lot!! but I am very happy with what I have learned so far. To much of my improvement has been thanks to your comments and advice to make my pictures look better. It has been a great experience in my life.

I just want to say Thanks to you all... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Wow! Only 3 years and you have progressed so much - you surpass many photographers that have done it all their lives...

It is us that should be thanking you. You are a big part of the heart of shuttertalk.
Too many others have come and gone in that time.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

You two are very kind... Smile

Paul Cezanne

I can't believe you've only been doing this for three years. You've certainly taught me a lot, and I really appreciate the creativity and drive that you bring to the assignments and the entire forum. So thanks very much for everything you've contributed, and hopefully we'll all be here for many more years.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I remember when you joined. You seemed so open and asked a lot of questions. I felt like I was so big and expert and could help you. Now you have so many skills it makes my head swim. Great to know you Irma.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

You are a wonderful contributer Irma - thank you for making this place a part of your daily surf Smile

Canon stuff.

Gosh, has it been that long already? As they say, time flies when you're having fun!

Really great to see one grow as you have, Irma - well done, and thanks for reminding us just why we run this site again! Big Grin

Thank you for your kind comments... Smile
You made my day!! Smile

Matt,
Your priceless contribution with the assignments has been very helpful to my photography, specially when I feel a bit lots without any project in mind. They always inspire me to do something else... Wink

Don,
To me, it has been also a great pleasure to know you... Smile

Chris,
You are very kind... Smile

Jules,
You have a beautiful site. Thanks so much for this great forum... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Three years! Time does fly!
And your photographs, always getting more beautiful! I'm always amazed by your photographs. well done!

Maybe you do need to learn a lot, but I believe that you have learned, (and put into practise what you have learned in three years), more than any of us.
And I reckon Shawn will be the next to surpass us.
I am just inching forward, whereas you two are definitely galloping.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I have to say that we all owe you a lot Irma. I have learned so much from you ( and the rest of the ST crew ) . I am like you , i didnt know anything about photography when i joined , and you help so much with your comments and the photos that you post keep me wanting to learn more .
I am floored that you have only been shooting for 3 years ! you have turned the learning curve into a straight line !!
( if i said what the others have i am sorry , i didnt read the other post Big Grin )
..... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

shuttertalk should THANK YOU for what you have brought to us over the years instead of the other way around.

Personally I am always inspired by your never ending creativity and your various experimentations with different techniques.

Love having you around,

ULI

Oh, my friends... Smile

I am so moved by your comments...

As Shawn said once, "You all are the best!" Smile

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Mar 22, 2020, 15:49