Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need free photoediting software

Until I can afford to buy Photoshop (my all time favorite have used it since it first came out) I need to find a photoediting software that will let me manipulate background and foreground. All the other goodies, i.e., hue saturation histograms special effects, etc. (you know all of it) would be nice, but, primarily background and foreground. I'm learning GIMP and I like it. It is powerful, but, I can't find a foreground/background manipulation. Thanks.

Try Googling "Gimp Tutorials. You should be able to create Layers, Fore & Background, edit each separately, and combine, when happy. It is a steep learning curve. Ed.

(Sep 28, 2013, 13:42)EdMak Wrote:  Try Googling "Gimp Tutorials. You should be able to create Layers, Fore & Background, edit each separately, and combine, when happy. It is a steep learning curve. Ed.
Hi Ed, thanks for the tip. I like "steep learning curves" it is worth in the end. Pat

Interesting GIMP it is. So it's like photoshop but free.. Interesting...

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

(Sep 29, 2013, 16:58)PhotoPlay Wrote:  Interesting GIMP it is. So it's like photoshop but free.. Interesting...
EdMak told me to dowqnload the Gimp tutorial, which is very good, but, so much to learn. I'm working with masks right now, and understand what I'm doing but, I'm missing one key component to achieve what I want, but the tuturial is patient and I'm learning each time I fail at what I want. Yes, I haven't used Photoshop in about 15 yrs, but, Gimp's powerful for being a freebie. I'm real new, take my comments with a grain of sand.............

(Sep 30, 2013, 04:37)czkid Wrote:  
(Sep 29, 2013, 16:58)PhotoPlay Wrote:  Interesting GIMP it is. So it's like photoshop but free.. Interesting...
EdMak told me to dowqnload the Gimp tutorial, which is very good, but, so much to learn. I'm working with masks right now, and understand what I'm doing but, I'm missing one key component to achieve what I want, but the tuturial is patient and I'm learning each time I fail at what I want. Yes, I haven't used Photoshop in about 15 yrs, but, Gimp's powerful for being a freebie. I'm real new, take my comments with a grain of sand.............
Try the free programme "Lightzone", you can check out the tutorials on Youtube, you will not be disappointed, regards, John.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Sabion
Jun 12, 2020, 03:35