Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Never change memory cards again.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5125341/new-sd-card...capacities

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Some one is gonna invent a camera that will use 1 TB per shot, so it wont last too long before it is obsolete.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Wow, this is awesome news! Something like this is encroaching not only against the memory card territory, but even traditional hard drive territory as well. Consumer desktop SATA drives are around 1TB these days - imagine having the same storage in a memory card form factor. Plus, being hot swappable?!

2 TB in a memory car....

First card I bought was 4 MB and cost a LOT.

First PC I used had a 30 MB harddrive.... First PC I bought was 400 MB in 1994.

First PC my family had when I was a kid had a whopping FOUR MB of RAM.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Rabid Penguin Wrote:First PC my family had when I was a kid had a whopping FOUR MB of RAM.
Mine too, cost me over $300 to get it to 8MB... Of course, the first Micro I had had 1 Kb of memory and was expandable to 16Kb. Sinclair ZX81.

I have to agree that as great as this sounds, by the time we get that far, we'll need it. But then again, the mere 10GB that I carry in my camera now is good for about 1,000 raw photos, or 2,000 jpgs. So perhaps capacity will outstrip our needs, which would be great.

There's also the new CF-sized cards, CFast, which are designed to allow data rates of 375MB/s - that's a speed rating of 2500x. I find that even my old 'ultra 2' cards outstrip a USB2.0 card reader, so it may ned a computer technology upgrade, too.

Current Canon P&S cameras come with a 32MB card, which was huge not that long ago, but is useless now. How times change....

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by dave1712
Apr 28, 2016, 12:05