Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Camera - GM1

I used to have a Panasonic G3 - my first proper camera in the digital era - which I really liked, but I sold it to go to slightly larger sensors with Fuji and Nikon. I missed having a carry-round - the Fuji x100s is small, but not that small. Found a lovely little Panasonic GM1 and 12-32 lens on eBay. It's even smaller than the G3 but it's newer technology and I think the images are even better. Lovely to have a small camera again.

[Image: 26903164580_dc03e48e94.jpg]

[Image: 27144548596_9d26009483.jpg]

Nice images. I would like to see some larger ones to see just how good it is.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

It is good always to have a camera with you, and the smaller lighter models that take up little space are good for fulfilling that role. The images from your new Panny look good, Del, but even though the camera is small, it would be better to post bigger photos here! Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Great shots !

Looking good, bigger pic, looking better good. Ed.

To each his own!

(May 23, 2016, 01:14)EdMak Wrote:  Looking good, bigger pic, looking better good. Ed.

Here's a bigger one - still reduced down from the full size. I only have a small laptop and I assume everyone else is like me and that they like to be able to see the whole picture on a screen at once. Not much of a picture this one, but it shows the quality of the camera, and if you zoom in you can even see me in the dog's eye.

Nothing wrong with the quality of that photograph.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Qualifies for a Selfie then? Great shot. Ed.

To each his own!

(May 23, 2016, 01:24)delb0y Wrote:  Not much of a picture this one....

Although this is Photo Showcase, in which critique is frowned upon, that comment cannot go unchallenged - it is a very pleasing canine portrait which just needs a few minor enhancements in PP.

Thank you for posting at a larger size, Del. The image quality from your new camera is looking very good. Are the photos you have posted so far been straight from the camera?

Cheers.
Philip

Hi Phillip

They were Raw photos, so I ran them through Lightroom just to be able to save them as JPGs, that was all.

I've just this moment downloaded the manual and have now discovered how to change Shutter Speed and Aperture and ISO. It's all really easy - just one click for each and a tiny wheel to turn. Will investigate some of the other functions as time goes on (it's even got a touch sensitive screen) but for now, I'm all set with those three parameters.

I thought the x100s was small and a good carry round, but this is just crazy!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Jan 29, 2016, 03:03