Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Gig :D

Well looks like another door opened . ( fingers crossed ) . I am going to shoot a hockey game with another photog.( Memphis Riverkings ) He shoots there very often , and shoots the Nashville Preditors ( NHL ) , Memphis Grizzlies ( NBA ) , and some Nascar ( when it comes here ) . Told me that I am more than welcome to come with him next weekend to shoot . Im so happy !! I know that i will have some shots to show when i go .

Just thought i would share ......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Sweet! Congrats! Just don't let the ice mess up your exposures. Wink

Cool

That's great Shawn Big Grin will look forward to seeing your shots.

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Hey - that is great Shawn - knock 'em dead Smile

Canon stuff.

WOW!!

awesome...
have always wanted to take such sports events... especially NBA and NHL games!!

arggh.... Smile

good on you!

Congrats, Shawn.... Smile

Wish you the best!! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Yall !!! Big Grin I am a little bit excited ( well a lot a bit ) . I really wish i had better glass to shoot with , but i guess i need to crawl before i walk huh?

Quote:Just don't let the ice mess up your exposures.
I am worried about that , i am soooo bad about blowing things out , but if i look at my histogram i think i can work it out ........

.......... Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Congrats Drake

You should probably shoot at a fairly high ISO. You are way better off having some grain in your photos than motion blur...

Thanks Toad , i was already thinkin the same thing , Im just going there to have fun , trying to leave the nerves at home .

.......Shawn

good luck BD, sounds like fun

Thanks Russt ...

We are going to shoot sunday , i was thinkin about renting a lens , i found a guy in memphis that has some that i can rent cheap ( 36 dollars for 3 days ) if thats what you call cheap . What do yall think ? is it worth it , or should i just use the 300 mm f4-5.6 that i have ( i think thats the lens i have , its too early Big Grin )

......... Shawn

Awesome stuff, Shawn... hope it all goes well. Make sure you remind yourself to enjoy the experience too! Big Grin