Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Here

Hello to all,
I am new on this forum and very new to photography. I have a few " Macro " pics that i took with a new lens . Please tell me what you think .

[Image: flower22fu.jpg]

[Image: flower73ue.jpg]

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Hi Band. Welcome to Shuttertalk. Nice images. Macros of flowers and bugs are a great way to get your feet wet in photography. Can you tell what camera you are using and possibly the settings you used for taking these pics?

Also, I took the liberty of fixing the links to your images. The tags were not complete and the images very large. Full size I would think. Use the buttons just above the post window to insert image tags and you can't go wrong. Also, it isn't necessary to use a host as you can upload right from your computer if you'd like. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I am using a Canon Rebel S 35 mm , The lens is a 70-300 mm f4-5.6, Macro Super ( Sigma ).
I shot these free handed ( no tirpod ) . Right when i got the lens so i am not sure of all the setting on the camera . sorry i will keep this in mind about the settings .
I have a few more but i need to clean my scanner and figure out how to resize to fit on here .
Thanks for the help .

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Welcome to the Forum Brandon.

I am also shooting using the Canon Rebel Family, I have 2 rebels, the Rebel 2000 35mm and the Digital Rebel 300D, I am also using a 70-300mm Sigma, rebadged as Quantaray.

Great colors. It looks like a wedding (except for the bee of course).

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

So your using film, what film, how are you scanning? :/

Cheers and welcome.

PeteD

PS, this was my 500th post. Cool

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Hi BD - welcome to Shuttertalk. Nice macros you've posted - some interesting detail on the flowers and the bees. I'd be interested to know how you're scanning them as well - there seems to be some discernable grain in the background...

Hello to all ,
and thank you for you complements . I could have been wrong about the scanning. I think these might have been on a photo cd that i got with the pics. I wasnt tryin to mislead . I have been scanning and uploading at the same time . Im not used to people being intersted in " everything " that i have done with the pics. I will be more careful to take notes on everything.