Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Member Introduction.

Hello everyone. I am an octogenarian, but a toddler photographer, who will welcome your support. My home is in Devon, UK. Brog.

Hello and welcome to the photography forums! We have a nice group of members here with different levels of expertise!

Please make yourself at home and let us know if you have need of anything!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Hello Brog and may I add my welcome to that of Barbara.

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Welcome Brog, I loved visiting Devon when I lived in the UK.

Plenty of people to help with the learning process here.

Welcome, from a fellow octogenarian. Ed.

To each his own!

Thanks for your kind words and warm welcome. Maybe i'll post some photographs for your critique once I work out how to do it.
Brog

Hmmm How to do it? Well, I have not done too well myself just lately but I think I have the gist of it ... I am just a member here - not a moderator so I will have a go at trying to help you

If you want to start a new thread, go to the Forums Tab at the top of the page next to Home and About. There you can pick the section you want to post to. Open that and you will see the box "New Thread" Click to open and write your post ... either hit preview, or "Post Thread". To add a picture, - at the bottom of the Post that you have written you will see a "Browse" box which if you click on it, it will open your computer where you will be able to search as you normally would for images. Find your image, double click it and the folder location will appear as a string in the box next to the Browse button. Then look right, find and hit "Add Attachment". The page will jump ( annoyingly! ) and you will need to scroll back. Where you want the image to be is dependant on where you put the cursor in your post. When you decide that... go back to the bottom of the page and see the box "insert into Post" - hit that and a numerical string will appear in your post that represents your inserted image. I think there is a limit of 5 insertions per post. When you have finished hit the Box "Post Thread" and it's done. To add more images to the same post, don't hit the "Post Thread" box, but- back to the Browse box and start that over again, until you have included the images you want... then hit the "Post Thread".

You seem to have the hang of replying and making a new reply... to save space we are asked to delete all but the relevant contextual part of the post that we are replying to so that it doesn't repeat all of the the foregoing ad nauseum!

I hope that helps... if I am in error at all I'm sure I will be put right very quickly! Big Grin

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/Thread...-your-post

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/Thread...-To-A-Post

Al.

To each his own!

Thanks Rolf. Will git a try.
Brog.

This is a new boy's first attempt to post a photograph.

[attachment=4174][attachment=4174]

Try this. Ed.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/Thread...-To-A-Post

To each his own!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Apr 3, 2019, 00:00