Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New gear and trying to recapture the passion.

I've been away from the site for the last 8 months or so, I've lost interest in just about every aspect of day to day life and am battling to get back into at least some of it.

So I bought new gear! I got three new lenses, Canon 85mm 1.8, Tamron 70-200 2.8 G2 and the mother of all super zooms, the Sigma 150-600mm Sport.

The sigma is a monster of a lens, here it is compared to my original Sigma 50-500, the Bigma... it's going to have to change it's name!

Congrats, Craig.  Looking forward to seeing some images from your new gear.  That 50-500 is going to need muscle or a pretty good tripod.  Have you thought of a gimbal head?

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

It looks like you might need some strength and stamina training before you get going with that new kit! Take it steadily and don't strain yourself!

All the best, Craig.

Philip

Wow! Good to see you back here Craig!
I hope the new gear inspires some motivation!
I've hardly been taking photos with my cameras, but now taking plenty with the iphone. 
The Bigma has lasted you many years hasn't it?  The new bigma makes the old bigma look small! hahaha

I've been off the site for a long time, too. With me, work meant that I could no longer get to the photography class / club on an evening and not having that outlet meant I stopped focussing, excuse the pun, on photography. Still took a lot of photos when I was out cycling or fishing or whatever, but rarely did I go out with photography specifically in mind. I still won't be home from work in time to get to the club, but I'm hoping to get back into it.

That 150-600 looks great, Craig. I've read so many good things about them - especially the Sport. I look forward to seeing some results.

Hope everything else is okay - not much fun when you go through one of those periods you allude too.

Derek

Congrats Greg
Hope you get your mojo back. You have posted lovely images of the Yellowstone Park in the past.

Congrats Man
Waiting to see some amazing photos. I am planning to buy a new one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by bridgette1967
Oct 31, 2018, 09:08