Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New here

I'm new here and have some questions. About how to take photo of older labels ( pharmaceutical) and how I can enlarge them and put them on some kind of poster board from framing

I need to know what kind of camera , printer , mounting info I'm a virtual beginner

Welcome to the forums, Ikes. I am sure that someone with more knowledge than I will be able to assist you.
In the meantime, it may be of help if you could tell members what kit you currently have, camera etc.
Regards, Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

Hi, Welcome to Shuttertalk.

Are the labels flat? Are they on curved containers?

If they are flat I would opt for a high resolution flatbed scanner. If they are curved and mounted on the bottles etc I would probably go for a decent DSLR and a macro lens, a 50mm macro would suffice as long as it does at least 1:1 size reproduction.

There are many ways to enlarge the image once captured, any decent photo editing software will suffice.

Hello and welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here as a member!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(May 31, 2016, 20:44)EnglishBob Wrote:  Hi, Welcome to Shuttertalk.

Are the labels flat? Are they on curved containers?

If they are flat I would opt for a high resolution flatbed scanner. If they are curved and mounted on the bottles etc I would probably go for a decent DSLR and a macro lens, a 50mm macro would suffice as long as it does at least 1:1 size reproduction.

There are many ways to enlarge the image once captured, any decent photo editing software will suffice.

They are both. Am interested in making some of them into posters but know nothing about materials mounting etc

I dont think camera does matter in taking such shots. After taking the shot you can use Photoshop to make it look clearer and enlarged may be.