Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New lenses!

Looks like all the manufacturers are bringing out nice little goodies for the PMA:

Canon (as reported in the other thread:
- EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM
- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
Link - the 85mm is out of reach for most people and probably reserved for those rich people who buy it just because they can... Big Grin The 17-55 is more interesting - similar to the 17-85, but with constant f/2.8 aperture. Combined with IS, this one's a winner, methinks!

Nikon:
- 105mm f/2.8 AF-S VR micro. Silent wave motor, internal focusing, VR2 meaning shooting in 4 stops less light... and 1:1 macro reproduction! What more could you want??

Ok, you can stop drooling now. Big Grin

Re: the 17-55mm lens - finally Canon comes out with a worthy competitor to the 18-50 f/2.8 Sigma EX, but they price it at US$1150 street??? :mad: :o :| Sad

Don't forget the Nikon 17-55 f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S DX .... this one's been out for a while, but no VR/IS.

And yes, Nikon's priced the same way too. Sad

True. I meant "for Canon cameras."

The Nikon is s'posed to be very good, but also pricey.

slejhamer Wrote:The Nikon is s'posed to be very good, but also pricey.
True - the "pros" swear by it - but I find it prohibitively expensive for its range.

I could use this lens for weddings, but for that price, not sure... :/ My Thrifty-Fifty is still the cream of the crop for a mere $69- US when it comes to low light shooting! Big Grin

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Is it christmas soon??????

hi

i also have a look at the Nikon 17-55 f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S DX but i could not affort it at the moment, i bought the 18-35mm it is also nice, but not 2.8.

It's also an EF-S by Canon, besides the rebel's and 20d, what uses an EF-S?

If I'm not mistaken, the EF-s lens format became standardised with the introduction of the Rebels? Although I think 10D uses the same sensor size...

Now I've got a 20D my position on Canon EFS lenses is the same one I had with Pentax DA ....I won't buy them because they won't work on 35mm FF........At least now there's more logic in saying that, as Canon actually have FF DSLRs whereas Pentax don't, and if their current crop of new lenses are anything to go by they've no intention of producing one for a long time...if ever. Sad

--NN

The bonus with the Canon is the IS. If you were going with a 30D it would be a sweet combo.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post