Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New to Photography and Shutter Talk.

Hi all at Shutter Talk,

I have recently took up photography and am amazed how the whole thing has gripped me and the need to learn as much about photography as possible.

Getting on a little late in life did not think that what was meant to be a hobby has become an obsession.

I came across shutter talk by accident, last night actually, and what a help this has been already just reading the threads and comments, so everyone i am hooked yet again so any help anyone can give me would be most appreciated.

I have a Sony DSLR a38 and am happy with the result so far but not sure if this is the best camera for the best results or is it realy down to the person not the equipment?

Hello,

Welcome to the photography forums! It is a great to have you and hear about your compassion to learn photography. We look forward to learning more about you in the days ahead.

Others will be along to tell you their thoughts on the camera you are using. I have not personally used the one you speak of.

Thanks for joining us!!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome

Caution!!!!! you are entering the DANGER ZONE.
Photography is very adictive but oohhhh soooo rewarding.
As you learn and grow so will your need for more and better equipment. I don't know very much about Sony equipment either so it is hard to comment on your camera. I do know I am very satisfied with Nikon. My work is mostly Pets and Sports but I do venture into other realms at times and find Nikon can provide equipment for any photographic need and is readily available almost anywhere.

Before you get totaly hooked (and you will) do some research into which brand to go with because once you have invested in one particular manufacturer it is hard to switch. Welcome again and we are looking forward to seeing some pictures posted.

Hi and welcome Paul to shuttertalk Smile

Yeah It did get me too also and turn all my years of practice to clicking on those shutters Smile

Sony DSLR a38 is a good camera Paul. just expand your knowledge in depth about compositions and type of photography unless you're getting into a business in photography. Either way new DsLR that is coming out in the market will just help you more easier getting the image. but then again achieving one goal of an image can be achieve by any DsLR except for pixel size Smile Know what type of photography are you into and see the you can make a difference using your Sony. Post those images here and lets take a look at it. Let us all learn from each other tricks and tips Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Nov 5, 2014, 08:08
Last Post by WesternGuy
Oct 19, 2014, 00:33