Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New to Shuttertalk

Hi Everyone, I'm John from Buckinghamshire, England. This is my first post on this forum so please forgive any faux pas. I'm a keen amateur taking a wide range of subjects using in the main Canon DSLRs. This seems a friendly place and am looking forward to being an active member of the forum. I have attempted to insert a selfie but not sure I have been successful.

(Mar 11, 2015, 14:25)Gandalf1953 Wrote:  Hi Everyone, I'm John from Buckinghamshire, England. This is my first post on this forum so please forgive any faux pas. I'm a keen amateur taking a wide range of subjects using in the main Canon DSLRs. This seems a friendly place and am looking forward to being an active member of the forum. I have attempted to insert a selfie but not sure I have been successful.

Welcome John, no faux pas whatsoever, and your pic looks fine. It is indeed a friendly forum and I enjoy my membership, as I'm sure you will yours. Look forward to viewing any posts you make.

Peter

Photography is a never-ending journey

(Mar 11, 2015, 14:36)Plantsman Wrote:  
(Mar 11, 2015, 14:25)Gandalf1953 Wrote:  Hi Everyone, I'm John from Buckinghamshire, England. This is my first post on this forum so please forgive any faux pas. I'm a keen amateur taking a wide range of subjects using in the main Canon DSLRs. This seems a friendly place and am looking forward to being an active member of the forum. I have attempted to insert a selfie but not sure I have been successful.

Welcome John, no faux pas whatsoever, and your pic looks fine. It is indeed a friendly forum and I enjoy my membership, as I'm sure you will yours. Look forward to viewing any posts you make.

Peter

Thank you Peter for your kind words.

John

PS How do I insert my own name as an aka as you have?

Hello John, May I echo Peter's welcome to the forums... I, like some others, am from the UK, but, in my case, I live now in Canada. I look forward to your posts in due course...

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Welcome, Selfie succeeded. Look happy. Ed.

To each his own!

Welcome to Shuttertalk!

Hello and welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here on site with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Hello John, the way to add 'aka John' to your 'custom title' is -

Click on 'User CP' at the top of any page
Click on 'Edit Profile'
Click on 'New Custom User Title' right hand column
Type 'aka John' into the box
Click on 'Update Profile' bottom of page.

(Mar 12, 2015, 03:45)Plantsman Wrote:  Hello John, the way to add 'aka John' to your 'custom title' is -

Click on 'Edit Profile'
Click on 'New Custom User Title' right hand column
Type 'aka John' into the box

Thank you Peter for the instructions, but Oh Dear! I can do steps 1 & 2 but I cannot see any where on the screen the 'New Custom User Title'. Could this be down to the browser I am using. I am on a MAC using Safari, or am I just being blind? I have attached a screen grab for you to view I hope you can work it out.

Baffled John

Hello John, the way to add 'aka John' to your 'custom title' is -

Click on 'Edit Profile'
Type 'aka John' into the box below 'New Custom Title' right hand column
[/quote]

Thank you Peter for the instructions, but Oh Dear! I can do steps 1 & 2 but I cannot see any where on the screen the 'New Custom User Title'. Could this be down to the browser I am using. I am on a MAC using Safari, or am I just being blind? I have attached a screen grab for you to view I hope you can work it out.

Baffled John

[/quote]

My poor explanation John - have amended step 3 above

Sorry Peter, I still cannot see the box you are talking about. Could it be that it is not showing on my profile as I am a Junior Member? Please view my screen grab I sent you.

Regards
John

[/quote]

My poor explanation John - have amended step 3 above
[/quote]

Looking at the screen grab again I notice that you don't have the Click on 'New Custom User Title' option in the right hand column. I don't know the reason for this unless a certain number of posts are required before it becomes available. Sorry I don't have any solution to offer.

Peter

(Mar 12, 2015, 04:48)Gandalf1953 Wrote:  Sorry Peter, I still cannot see the box you are talking about. Could it be that it is not showing on my profile as I am a Junior Member? Please view my screen grab I sent you.

Regards
John

Yes, I think you have the answer there; I can't recall what my status was when I changed my custom user title - perhaps 'member' not junior member.

Peter

Thank you Peter for taking the trouble to find a solution for me, I'll sit tight until I am a full member
John

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Clicker2014
Jun 12, 2014, 06:26