Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New to forum

I have a Prinzflex 35mm. with the old Russian 18/54mm. lens, but I've had little time to use it over the last 40 something years.
Now I've retired I think I may be better off with a digital SLR as a replacement.
Not because it will be a better camera but the cost in film and prints while I'm learning how to take a picture would drive me mad.
Hopefully I can get the advice I need from how to do it books to camera purchase advice.

Best Regards

Mike[/font]

(Jun 29, 2015, 05:29)Belisarivs Wrote:  I have a Prinzflex 35mm. with the old Russian 18/54mm. lens, but I've had little time to use it over the last 40 something years.
Now I've retired I think I may be better off with a digital SLR as a replacement.
Not because it will be a better camera but the cost in film and prints while I'm learning how to take a picture would drive me mad.
Hopefully I can get the advice I need from how to do it books to camera purchase advice.

Best Regards

Mike[/font]

Yes, I agree. Canon DSLR super though heavy to carry. Ruth

Good morning,

Welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here on the site! Feel free to make yourself at home here!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Mike.
Technology has moved on a pace in the last 40 years. With the modern digital cameras, anything that you made a mess of in the camera or a processing lab that has given your pictures a colour cast, has a better chance of being corrected in the computer software than the old fim medium.
Go for it Mike - it`ll open up a whole new world for you.

Welcome, bit antediluvian, got to move on. Regards. Ed.

To each his own!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Feb 15, 2020, 10:14
Last Post by Barbara G.
Feb 13, 2020, 18:54