Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

## Newbie Alert ##

G'day atlas, some nice lighting shots you have there! Great colour in the sky too.

Regarding focusing at infinity - just switch to manual focus, and twist the focus ring all the way to the end so that it'll focus on distant objects (hence infinity). Another way is to use the Landscape mode (if your camera has it) - that usually focuses on infinity as well.

Well after reading this thread I was surprised that it took so long for someone to mention

you don't have to focus, Just set the lens on infinity.. the other end of the focus ring

turn that one way to the end and your focused for something close to your lens'

closest point of focus which could be anthing from 1 foot to 3 foot or anywhere in between

HOWEVER at the other end.. is.INFIINITY. it used to have a figure 8 sideways that is the symbol for infiinity.

when using a normal lens, anything beyond 30 feet .. you don't have to focus.. just set the focus for

the maximum range which WAS usually INFINITY. on older 35 mm lenses.

I am the first to admit.. I know absolutely nothing about digital, seems to me.. extremly difficult

to master the use of the camera in manual mode. so many things are in the viewfinder to distract

a person.. for candid quick "shoot from the hip style" or as they say now.. Point and shoot. ha ha.. well

Digital definetly provides rich saturated colors and all.. but they just look "different" than film..

and have way more problems, with digital dust and such..

Aren't you glad that when Rembrant and Picaso, and Micalangelo did therir works of art

they didnt list all the names of the "brushes" and pencils and other "junk" they used

to create ? I am often puzzled @ why ? It has ABSOLUTLY nothing to do with the camera or lens's

it has to do with the "SKILL" OF THE ................"Artist" !

and that Artist can take "any" camera, w/ any lens, and create a master piece.

This was proven long ago, with a very famous photographer. when asked what camera he used
to create the famous "magazine covers" he used to be popular with..

when asked that question? he said.. "anything" I can get my hands on. and he asked a tourist passerby for the use of their polaroid, and with that camera he made his next magazine cover. that blew everyone away..

REMEMBER THAT ! .it takes GREAT skill. to pull that off... ! but now with digital ... even a child can create a master piece that will sell.

@ the young age of 12.. using a 4 mega pixel camera this young artist... proved a point also !

WowoW !

Hi All,

Wow, can't believe it has ben so long since I popped in here....must be 15 months !!

Had to have alaugh at my post, I learned a lot since then I think Smile

I still haev my Olympus but hav upgraded to a Canon E400 with a couple of nice lenses...

Best I put some photos in for critique I guess Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Cesna
Jan 22, 2021, 01:34
Last Post by Barbara G.
Feb 15, 2020, 10:14
Last Post by Barbara G.
Feb 13, 2020, 18:54