Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Next Camera?

Last post before I am chained to my bed by my parents, Since i have seen a few people posting about thinking of a new camera, I thought why not have a 'Next Camera' Thread =), I post my 'requests'/'wishlist' tomorrow

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Next Camera. ..
this probably wont be untill im quite a bit older. .because my parents will complain that we have too many cameras i nthe house already ..
but ill look to go up to a 10D some time ... since the camera i use it sorta owned by my brother ..
all though i take it most of the time ...

by the time i get around to buying a cam . .new technologies will probably be out ..
soo lets see what the future holds when we get there ^^

I'm looking more to spend the money on new lenses for my current camera rather than get another camera.

If I were to get another camera, it would probably be something very small, just for those quick happy snaps without having to pull out the big SLR Smile
There's a few small ones I have in mind, the Sony Cybershot U-series, the Minolta X-series and the Pentax S4; don't think I'll go for any of the casio ones though; or any of the generic ones; I'll avoid generic products for now, and become a brandist: going on a well trusted brandname to avoid things 'going wrong'.

Also, if upgrading DSLR (which I won't be doing soon), I don't know exactly what I'll go to (since new stuff coming out all the time (damned canon!!)) but I'll probably go for something more advanced than I've got now (hopefully - upgrade haha).

Well I will either buy a big DSLR or a small 'happy snaps' camera for my next, Still undecided, it will be a while untill that hapens because I want to buy an ibook first =)

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

My friend was telling me to ge tan i book ..
but im waiting til lthe end of the year to get a centrino ..
cause with the arival of the new @gHz Centrino. . the prices on the 1.6 and 1.7 are bound to fall ^^

i also decided last night.. that if i can find a reasonalble price..ill get a Minolta dimage Xg ... I want i want! ...
i already have a 256 SD card for my PDa .. so i can use that in it ^^

peter Wrote:My friend was telling me to ge tan i book ..
but im waiting til lthe end of the year to get a centrino ..
cause with the arival of the new @gHz Centrino. . the prices on the 1.6 and 1.7 are bound to fall ^^

i also decided last night.. that if i can find a reasonalble price..ill get a Minolta dimage Xg ... I want i want! ...
i already have a 256 SD card for my PDa .. so i can use that in it ^^
Yeah I want the iBook to do what Adam does with his basicailly, Dump my pictures to it, while shooting, Any one insterested in a Mt. Suggerlaof WebCam? lol, But I have always wanted a mac, and a Laptop so I am killing 2 birds (Fetishes =\) with one stone (payout =\) If it is good enought I will set my machine up as a firewall but also be able to reboot to windows for gaming or sell it. Still working on that part but I will and am going to get an iBook, when I get the money, so chances are, never =P

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

but in comparison to other laptops .. the iBook is relatively cheap ..
one of my university lecturers for coputer science is a mac enthusiests.. .
personally i dont like em ...
but i can still get by using one ...

Actually, most of our lecturers are mac-lovers Smile
However, many do believe macs superior for multimedia usage.

I want so much, but I'm need of money - alot of it!

yes ...
lets start up a shutter talk lotto syndicate !
for those of us over 16 years of age as of required by law...

dewy Wrote:Well I will either buy a big DSLR or a small 'happy snaps' camera for my next, Still undecided, it will be a while until that happens because I want to buy an ibook first =)
Ah, an iBook! I am pretty likely to buy one myself soon, since my old Powerbook G3 (Lombard) is getting close to its last breath. However, I am a bit tempted on the new iMac G5 as well...

But otherwise, a DSLR is a possible next camera, but I can't justify one right now. I have two cameras now, one small and one super-zoomer (plus one old that is obsolete now), and that covers most uses, except for shy birds who take off before the superzoomer finds focus, and too are too far away for the pocket camera. So I very much understand your double wish, DSLR or pocket cam. They cover very different needs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post