Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nikkor 85mm/1,4 D

Got this lens a week ago.

Thus far im really impressed, the possibility to shoot wideopen and still end up with acceptable sharpness is truly amazing.
Build quality is top notch, only dislike is the threaded lens hood. But ill learn to live with it. Big Grin
Sure shooting wide open, requires steady hands for dof placement, but its so rewarding to get the sharpness exactly where you wanted it.
[Image: lens.jpg]

And heres a few snapshots, all are taken @ F/1.4

[Image: 85mm_3.jpg]
[Image: 85mm_4.jpg]
[Image: 85mm_5.jpg]
[Image: 85mm_7.jpg]
[Image: 85mm_9.jpg]

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Very impressive sharpness and DOF control - particualarly shots 1 (popsicle) and 3.

Yes im very pleased, it does take some time to adjust. #1 #3 the subject was fairly still, the other the subjects where moving quite a bit. Still im suprised how well the af keeps up, since its not af-s.

Btw #1 is a carrot lol.

/Paul L.

Paul.R.Lindqvist Wrote:Yes im very pleased, it does take some time to adjust. #1 #3 the subject was fairly still, the other the subjects where moving quite a bit. Still im suprised how well the af keeps up, since its not af-s.

Btw #1 is a carrot lol.

/Paul L.
Don't give her too many. She won't want teeth like a rabbit.Big Grin
Have you noticed in the last shot that there is no blur in the reflection in his sunglasses.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

love the bokeh...

wow...looks like a great lens

christian

The 85 sure is a sweet lens - I love my 85 1.8. These shots are great Paul.

Canon stuff.

NT73:lol yea ill keep that in mind. No i didnt notice it, but when you say it,yea. I used af-c, i guess it locked right on the sun glasses in the last shot. :-)

Yea the Bokeh, is one of the best iv seen.

thanx for looking guys.

/Paul L.

Gorgeous Bokeh, but I just want to tickle his tum (in the last shot)!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

wow..... looks good Paul, great shots love the bokeh. Zack looks tooo cool in those sunnies Big Grin Cool All your kids are just so photogenic........oh and you can press the button ok Wink

LoL Russ, cute subjects make 99% of the job. Im just waiting on you to hire me for some portraits. I got the babyoil and the sheepskin ready... Big Grin

/Paul L.

Paul (said while shaking the head)........Big GrinRolleyes if cute is 99% I got no hope with just 1% and thats where I will leave that one Big Grin

awww cmon, dont be shy, you stud.you Big Grin

/Paul L.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post