Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Indian teen bags photography award with Chambal gharial

Great shot for a young photographer!

Indian teen bags photography award with Chambal gharial

Forty-three thousand entries were made for this contest coming from 96 different countries.

Comments anyone?

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I would have thought that image would stand up against any competition, not just youngsters. Pity the report didn’t give any more information about the set up.

(Oct 19, 2013, 02:40)Dean Wrote:  I would have thought that image would stand up against any competition, not just youngsters. Pity the report didn’t give any more information about the set up.

I think a lot of people are too hung up on the camera settings, thinking that 'if I duplicate those settings, I'll get a shot as good as....."

The picture isn't about the technical aspects, it's about the effort the photographer took in planning and executing a 'mission' to get an image of an endangered animal and it's young.

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
D2Xs, D200's, D100's, LightRoom, CS-CC
2HowardsPhoto.biz

(Oct 20, 2013, 17:32)Wall-E Wrote:  
(Oct 19, 2013, 02:40)Dean Wrote:  I would have thought that image would stand up against any competition, not just youngsters. Pity the report didn’t give any more information about the set up.

I think a lot of people are too hung up on the camera settings, thinking that 'if I duplicate those settings, I'll get a shot as good as....."

The picture isn't about the technical aspects, it's about the effort the photographer took in planning and executing a 'mission' to get an image of an endangered animal and it's young.
Not “hung up” about anything but I can see, and can appreciate, lots of images any day of the week on the interweb. Not likely to get a shot like that, in Falmouth, but yes, I do like to consider the settings, and the camera/lens. I might consider duplicating them, and determine that they work for me too, or try to work out just why they don't. It’s also interesting as to whether the author was standing on the river bank with a standard kit lens or half a mile away with a 1000mm set up. If the latter, then I am never going to achieve the same result.

Right place, right time. Ed.

I saw this image in one of the dailys (the Independent if memory serves) As you say EdMak, right time right place. Did any of you see the winning image for wildlife photographer of the year? that was in the same paper, can't remember the name of the South African guy who won but it was an amazing moonlit shot of elephants at a waterhole.

Happy Shooting people!

Regards
Keith

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post