Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nikon D3 (Full Frame) and D300 (DX)

Nikon users rejoice - there is a now a full frame DSLR in the line-up:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082312nikond3.asp
12.1 megapixel, full frame sensor, ISO 200 to 6400, new EXPEED image processor, 9FPS, 51 point AF, 3" LCD screen with live view! Available in November for only $5000 US!

They've also announced the D300, which is supposed to be a successor to the D200:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082313nikond300.asp
Most of the same features above, only it has a DX sensor vs the full frame in the D3. Nice! More affordable too, at $1800 US...

Well, I can't see coughing up $5K US, but I can't wait for Paul's review of it when he has one of the first off the line (I'm right - aren't I Paul?). Lo-noise @ high ISO full frame was the only real thing that Nikon was missing from its line up and I am happy to hear that it is coming.

I sure will be staying away from dpreview for the next N months. The flames and counter flames how one camera is better and the other is rubbish will be unbearable for a while...

Agreed - the flame wars will never end...

At least Nikon users now have an option (albeit, an expensive one) if they want to go full frame...

The price will drop as the D2X and the 5D have...but the flames will be with us forever...

Everytime I go to that site I get so frustrated with the nonsense that goes on in the forums there.

Both Nikon cameras look fantastic - about time though.

Canon stuff.

Well the D3 does look nice, but im hoping for a high res body from Nikon ala D3X.

Either way im gonna play it safe this time, im not gonna beta test anything this time around. Wink

Hopefully Nikon will delive with their first FF sensor.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by delb0y
Apr 9, 2017, 04:26
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jan 4, 2017, 10:00