Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nikon D3200 Announced

Following hard on the heels of the 36 Megapixel D800, it looks like Nikon are equipping their entry level cameras with high MP counts as well. The Nikon 3200 has been announced, sporting a 24.2 megapixel DX format sensor, with a new Expeed 3 sensor and ISO range expandable up to 12,800.

http://www.popphoto.com/gear/2012/04/new...xel-sensor

All in all, it looks like a pretty solid performer, even for an entry level. The only thing missing is the AF motor, which most of the entry level Nikons miss out on.

But just to think - 24 megapixels - that's even more than the Canon 5D Mark III.

The envelope... it's being pushed...

Great time to be a camera enthusiast...

It's amazing that the cheapest Nikon is about to have the same megapixel count as the previous generation's unobtainable flagship. It makes me wonder what else must be coming – I was expecting a 24Mpx camera, but I thought it would be the D300s replacement.

I've always liked the entry-level Nikons, all the way back to the D40. Having a D3200 and a D800 would make for an interesting combination: the small camera is quiet, and would actually be better at natural-light macro photography than the big one is.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

If anything I think it's a cunning move on Nikon's part.

Most of us know it's not all about high megapixel counts, but to the uninitiated - the exact audience this entry level D3200 is aimed towards - it instantly puts it above Canon and makes the salesperson's job so much easier selling one brand over the other.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by delb0y
Apr 9, 2017, 04:26
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jan 4, 2017, 10:00