Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nikon D3s still vapourware?

Despite having been officially on sale for the past 7 months, apparently top tier camera retailers are still listing the Nikon D3s camera as a pre-order or coming soon. This upgrade to the D3 is priced at $5,199.95 US for the body only, and sports a 12.1 megapixel full frame sensor and ISO 102,400.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/26/seven...a-unicorn/

Quote:We spoke to J&R this past weekend about the tight inventory and we were told that they receive maybe "one or two" D3s bodies every couple of weeks, but not on a regular schedule; they just get them when they get them, and naturally, they're sold out by the time the boxes roll into the store. Folks browsing J&R's website don't even stand a chance.
I wonder what the story is? Component shortages? A clever ploy by Nikon to have customers paying top dollar? Production issues?

I've had them in the store where I work part time for ages now - not always in stock, because they don't keep multiples on the shelf, but availability isn't usually a problem. (There's almost invariably a D3s or D3x on the shelf, occasionally both; and no, I don't get to play with them. Although I did use the D3s that belongs to one of my colleagues for a little bit.) There might be some Nikon USA issues, but I doubt that there's any Nikon D3s issues.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thank goodness there is no issues. I was concerned what about what I would do with my spare $5000...

Smile

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I thought it was 10000? 1 for you and 1 for me? Big Grin

That's the D3x...

The D3s comes with a new style of body cap, which - at least six months ago - wasn't available to order separately.
(I tried, they sent me the old style instead.)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by delb0y
Apr 9, 2017, 04:26
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jan 4, 2017, 10:00