Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

No Flash Drive

hello yall ,

i need to move some pics from one pc to another and i have no flash drive , and the other pc doesnt have a burner . Can i use my CF cards ? or will that screw something up ? thanks ...

....... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Yes.
If your card reader is also a writer, you can drag and drop them onto an empty card, eject it, then "unplug or eject hardware" your card reader/writer and move it to the other computer. Plug it in while the computer is off, power up and put in the card and drag the files off of it.
Format the card in the camera before using it to store photos normally again.

I don't know if what you propose will work without a card reader/writer.
You might get away with this maneuver using just the camera on USB cables.

Good luck.

A portable hard drive is not a luxury it's a necessity for backing up and situations like the one you are in at the moment, and particularly if you want to earn income from your photography. That's my tuppence worth :/

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

I use my camera as a card reader all the time at work, and for more than just photographs.

Thanks Yall , i will give it a try

Pat , i normally back all my photos up on cd , but there are some that i didnt get to back up and the burner went out .

,,,,, Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

If you have a card reader; card reader plus CF Card = flash drive.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks Don , i think i am going to try it tonight .....

..Shawn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by pixbyjnjphotos
Apr 19, 2015, 22:27