Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Camera Awesome iPhone App from SmugMug

I know we've got some SmugMug users here so I thought this app might be of interest. SmugMug have published a free iPhone app called Camera Awesome that is a hybrid camera / photo effects app. I've downloaded it and the camera itself is very polished and useful.

Things I like:
- taking pictures feels much more responsive - there is a quick flash rather than the usual drop and shrink animation after taking a photo, so you can keep shooting more quicky
- there are some useful compositional tools such as gridlines and horizon level
- some other cool gadgets like anti-shake, timer and time-lapse
- you can apply post-effects such as filters, frames etc.
- it allows you to share/upload your pics not only to SmugMug, but also all the other popular providers such as facebook, twitter, flickr, picasa etc.

Now there's always a catch with the post processing effects, I think there are 8 free ones and the rest of them are paid (about 0.99 for a set). This may or may not bother you depending on how much of a effects junkie you are.

http://www.photographyblog.com/news/came...or_iphone/

You can get it for free on the App Store.

Very good, but where is it for Android?!

Ha, good question! Big Grin

I've tried it out, and like it a lot. I used to use Mattebox, which is a paid program, but I think it's just been retired. This new program is quite snappy, has a built-in timer, and an intervalometer. It'll even do 4.4fps at 640x480, or 2fps at full resolution.

(Mar 1, 2012, 08:01)Scottbad Wrote:  Very good, but where is it for Android?!

Probably tied up in a patent lawsuit. Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post