Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Of Cats and Men...

I seem to have a new cat...

I already see two of the neighbour's cats visiting regularly, but this one showed up yesterday and again today. It's a cute little black and white cat (I think it's quite young), and meows alot. The neighbour said that he heard it meowing all last night...

I'm not sure who's it is, but it has a collar and bell, but no tag. Must be house trained too, because as soon as I opened the door this morning, it slipped inside my house and started walking around like it owned the place! Big Grin

I put out a saucer of milk for it, and it kept meowing at me as we were leaving for work this morning... so adorable. I'm not sure if it's lost, but if it is I hope the owners find it soon...

I'll take some pictures of it on the weekend if it's still around...

I wonder what I should do with it? Take it to the pound? Put up a "Lost Cat" sign? Keep it?

shuttertalk Wrote:Must be house trained too, because as soon as I opened the door this morning, it slipped inside my house and started walking around like it owned the place! Big Grin

Nah, it's just being a cat.

My wife saw one of the neighbour's cats sitting on our porch, and thought that maybe it was thirsty. (She's never had a cat.) She let it into the enclosed sunroom, and went to get it some water... half an hour later, she finally gets it to come out from under our bed.

The few times we've wound up with strays, we've called the area Humane Society and told them that we have it, but haven't taken them in. They're quite happy to have a description and a contact number, and not the animal. It's resulted in a happy reunion every time, and we know the animal's being cared for in the manner a pet is accustomed to.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Maybe take a photo and knock on some doors with it. You might find out that it's a neighbors cat. Look in its ears for a tattoo. They are usually registered with a vet if there is a tattoo. With a bell and collar, someone obviously owns it. Also, milk is a nice gesture for kitty and they sure do like it but don't make a habit of it. Milk is not good for kitty. It is hard on their stomach.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Good idea guys... I might wait a couple of days before I start putting up signs and calling the animal shelter...

Oh, I didn't know about the milk! Ooops... better start googling up on how to look after cats. Big Grin

Check for a microchip, it feels like a peice of rice, just under the skin on their left (?) shoulder. If it has one, the pound or any vet will scan it for you.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

shuttertalk Wrote:Good idea guys... I might wait a couple of days before I start putting up signs and calling the animal shelter...

...this cat is being missed by someone.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Hm, got home today and it wasn't around anymore... guess it found its way home?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Mar 29, 2008, 14:31