Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Old, but not worn out.........

This is Bea, she's a church member who is just coming up to 80, hence the pic.

[Image: CRW_0055.jpg]

Cave canem

Good shot Ruf. She seems like she has a lot of character.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

hi

she has a very interesting face, she looks like she is a very funny lady in her own way.

ooops...sorry.

Thats a lovely shot, lots of personality, and quite flattering i think. LOVE the pose!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

She has a very kind face... a very flattering portrait.

Are you leaving room at the top for a halo? Big Grin

I wasn't sure about the tendency towards reds here Ruf, yet I reckon it adds a touch of feistiness. Well-lit buddy: quite a few potential snags circumvented with understated ease. She is poised rather than posed...and also reminds me humorously of portraits of Cromwell: the collar adds a certain mock "froideur".
If one added the caption, "Did you spill my pint?", it would be scary indeed.
byrt, I just love your typo...!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

great shot, I love elderly people and their pictures often show a lot of character.

how did you cope with her glasses? I don't see any reflections or shadows, so looks very well light. or did you actually go so far as to take the glasses out of the frames?

uli

Well folks, I'm really glad you like this. Smile

The tendency to red is deliberate, and doesnt appear in the original.
Regarding the glasses, no, the lenses arent removed. It's just a lighting angle trick which minimises the negative effects.

Actually, you see where Zig refers to "Did you spill my pint?" Well now, there's a reason for that expression.........

All will be revealed in a new thread called, "she didnt shut her eyes" Big Grin

Cave canem

Hey, that expression is priceless. It's like she wants to warn you not to take the picture, but you did anyways and we haven't seen the rest! Big Grin

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post