Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

One click portrait editing option or die-hard Photoshop?

Would you trade this for Photoshop (or similar app).

I recently came across this software. It allows you to quickly edit faces to remove blemishes. It can even make it slimmer and add a bit more smile. It's liquify in one click. Has anyone used this software before? If not, would you trade it for Photoshop and take time to edit or is this a good idea?

http://www.arcsoft.com/portraitplus/

(Sep 14, 2014, 09:59)shuttercloud Wrote:  Would you trade this for Photoshop (or similar app).

I recently came across this software. It allows you to quickly edit faces to remove blemishes. It can even make it slimmer and add a bit more smile. It's liquify in one click. Has anyone used this software before? If not, would you trade it for Photoshop and take time to edit or is this a good idea?

http://www.arcsoft.com/portraitplus/
I prefer to do all my adjustments manually and from scratch rather than rely on what I consider as lazy pre-sets. It will take a little more time but I have more control of the changes I want to make in small increments according to my own judgement and taste. My software is always the latest version of Paintshop Pro. It may not have the snob appeal of Photoshop or Lightroom, but it produces virtually the same results at a mere fraction of their prices.

I use a similar programme called PortraitPro Studio 12. It is great for enhancing portraits, but nothing else. I use it after doing my initial work in Lightroom, followed by a mixture of Photoshop and Nik Software (as I feel is required). I spend more time processing an image than any other part of the process so a One Click solution would not suit me.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Post processing like creating the original image is a personal thing, which software you use, are you luck enough to have more than one, how you use it them, which do you use first all questions that only you can answer, for me I have a few software options available from the free downloads NIK etc. and manufactures programs to Adobe lightroom and photoshop, my most used programme is lightroom mainly because this is where I import my images into, the programmes have pre-sets which is of course a one click process now the question, is the one click option pre-set to be ignored or is it some where to start your journey to an improved image by making adjustments after the pre-set, can we learn from the pre-set some pre-sets are quite complex and personally I would not have considered some of the adjustments contained within them.

So Gentlemen answers on a post card.

Cheers Pete

RAW to the core.

I'm a Photoshop user, have been for over 18 years. I do have a bunch of plugins and actions I use, but I'm set on Photoshop, tried Lightroom and just don't like the workflow.

(Aug 15, 2016, 03:24)Eddy Canon Wrote:  Post processing like creating the original image is a personal thing, which software you use, are you luck enough to have more than one, how you use it them, which do you use first all questions that only you can answer, for me I have a few software options available from the free downloads NIK etc. and manufactures programs to Adobe lightroom and photoshop, my most used programme is lightroom mainly because this is where I import my images into, the programmes have pre-sets which is of course a one click process now the question, is the one click option pre-set to be ignored or is it some where to start your journey to an improved image by making adjustments after the pre-set, can we learn from the pre-set some pre-sets are quite complex and personally I would not have considered some of the adjustments contained within them.

So Gentlemen answers on a post card.

Cheers Pete
Pre-set options should, of course, not be totally ignored. I found that sometimes they actually work quite well and can then be further refined. My "jump-to" editing software is PSP, followed by Painter if certain artsy effects are required, sometimes for commercial printing. I agree that post processing is definitely an exercise in subjectivity. However, with a light handed approach plus common sense and imagination it can make the difference between an OK image and a stunning one. Only be sure to always pay attention to the reaction of the viewing public or customer.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Sabion
Jun 12, 2020, 03:35