Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Order of photo manipulation

I have always wondered which order to do things in for photoshop? Should you crop, sharpen, adjust levels/curves, and all that in a certain order? Or does it not matter?

I size, crop, adjust levels, saturation etc, the last thing I ever do is sharpen.

Welcome to Shuttertalk Big Grin

Generally sharpening should be saved for last. Sometimes color edits (white balance adjustments, for example) can clip a color channel, so you may prefer doing those before editing levels/curves.

Also I beleive it best to crop first!

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks for your comments about this because I have some doubts about this topic as well....

When I sharp my image somethimes it gets a bit noise. So now what I do is to sharp first in more or less radio 4 strengh 50 and then go to noise removal. Then come again and sharp again but less strengh... Do you think this is ok? or it would be better if I started removing the noise from the beginning and then sharp once..

One of my B&W process is to saturate the image to brighten a bit the colors, save and the desaturate completely, Then the colorizing if I want to... after that if it is needed contras and brightness, as the last step. Do you think it is ok?

Thanks
Irma.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 3, 2020, 06:59