Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Other hobbies

Another thread I have previously missed:-

Computers, website writing, reading.

Ooo.. .website writing? Any examples? Big Grin

I cook. I find cooking to be a very rewarding hobby. Lots of literature and general media coverage (like tv shows), immediate feedback (Irma likes almost all my dishes, Lucky is somewhat pick) and not too expensive.

Also, I think it's cool. Cool

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

shuttertalk Wrote:Ooo.. .website writing? Any examples? Big Grin

I don't know if any of my decent sites are still in existance, I haven't written a commercial site in 4 years (since moving to the US). I've only started to use PHP in the last 18 months or so and the clan site/portal I wrote came down 3 months ago when the clan disolved.

Ironically I can never be bothered to devote too much time to my own sites and have used php nuke and coppermine on them :x

That said, the working of my nuke installation are far from standard, the default one is far to hackable.

Big Grin Music, drinking, cooking and eating good food, travel, being lazy, playing with my rats and bird, bondageand hopefully soon rock climbing

Imagine....

i collect old cameras... i repair old cameras.

besides that, i collect and build models, mostly military and figures, but lately have been stocking up on Gundam character mobile suits. i collect comic books, but of just one particular character.

i like making toys for my daughter.

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

Daniellestar Wrote:Big Grin Music, drinking, cooking and eating good food, travel, being lazy, playing with my rats and bird, bondageand hopefully soon rock climbing

Does "bondage" mean something different in Australia than in Canada?

I just thought I'd throw that one in! I'm pretty sure it's the same thing Wink

Imagine....

Daniellestar Wrote:Big Grin Music, drinking, cooking and eating good food, travel, being lazy, playing with my rats and bird, bondageand hopefully soon rock climbing

I rock climb, not into bondage although I do a fair bit of caving. I am also a Scout Leader and a Rock Activity Leader with Scouts.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Metal detecting shooting prospecting[Image: Some%20of%20my%20rings.jpg]

With all that lost gold jewellry there has to be some heartache!

Very cool Raoul. Thats something I'd like to get involved in. Is your metal detector a very evpensive one?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Bondage sounds sweet - my other passion is freediving, so if anyone wants to learn how to hold their breath for stupid ammounts of time, drop me a line Smile

Cheers,

Brad

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

- Albert Einstein

Fascinating shot Raoul. How long did it take you to accomodate that haul? It looks like a pirate treasure chest.

Daniellestar Wrote:I just thought I'd throw that one in! I'm pretty sure it's the same thing Wink

I'm pretty sure it is... wink!

Sorry that i didn't respond earlier but i couldn't log in, i saw you hint about deleting cookies and history and it worked.
Toad i have been doing it for about 20 years but the jewelry has been mostly found underwater and that i have been doing for 10 years,an underwater detector will set you back $1800 dollars.
Petographer i have 3 detectors 1 for underwater $1,800 2 for doing the dry land $2,500 3 1 for gold prospecting $3,500 all the machines apart from the gold one have paid for themselves many times over. THat is new price you can pick up some good secondhand ones for $700.00.
Here is a pic of my silver and gold collection, used to be a lot bigger but i have been selling a lot over the years .[Image: Ring%20collection%20%28480%20x%20360%29.jpg]

Karate and motorsport.

I have been learning karate for just over a year and find it a great way to keep fit. Sometimes my Sensei reminds me of my old drill instructors in the forces....hehehehe They both like to yell.

The other thing I do is trackside marshalling at motorsport events. I've been doing that for about 15 years and have worked at Bathurst, Adelaide F1 Grand Prix & Clipsal, Albert Park F1, Lakeside, Calder, Phillip Island, Sandown. Its great fun and the best seat in the house. But its hard to take photos while working. In fact its frowned upon with good reason. Safety.

That's a truly amazing hobby, Raoul - I bet it can be very rewarding and addictive!

mic - how did you get into motorsport marshalling? I've always wondered how one gets involved in that sort of stuff... Big Grin

How did I get into motorsport marshalling? Good question.

Well my goldfish died and the Internet was not invented yet so I needed a hobby. Smile

Seriously, if you want to get into it contact CAMS in Caulfeild, they will give you the contact details of the club you wish to join. There are several clubs.

Vic Flagmarshalling Team who wave flags at cars.

Vic Fire & Rescue who put out fires.

There's a couple of timekeeping clubs. A scruitineering club that pokes and measures things. There's lots of jobs around, all clubs would welcome new members.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Pat
May 23, 2007, 22:17