Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PP: various treatments (1)

Some very recent stuff, most taken on the same day, but with a variety of treatments for saying different things.
These first 3 are not very dramatic in terms of treatment...yet again, they don't have to be. All taken handheld with the 21mm.

Number 1: antique shop: a touch of shadow/highlight compression/equalising, so as to reveal a few details lost in the contrasty reflections. Note the doorway on the top left with the old people..which is intended to be a vague life-journey comment.

[Image: 2340-antiqueshop.jpg]

Number 2: again, compression of tones, otherwise the strong light would have clipped the shadows and highlights.

[Image: 2349-townhall.jpg]

Number 3: Starter-Homers: Hardly any...the merest boost in saturation and contrast.

[Image: 2371-homebuyers.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Oh, dear Zig! They are all nice but this "antique shop" fascinated me so much. This is amazing! Well captured,

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

PP-wise, I am intrigued by #1. That is always a difficult type of shot and this technique seems to do it justice. #2 does a great job of preserving detail in the highlights - perhaps at the price of contrast, however. I also like your comment about the people - they add much to #1 and to #2..

I love the story you tell in your first picture. Knowing your photography I understand your post processing and lowering the contrast.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Toad
Sep 7, 2010, 17:31