Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PS action (?) request

Folks,

Does anyine know of an action / script / whatever-thingy, which will superimpose selected exif data on the image it belongs to??
Paintshop had such a thing, in a limited way. Surely then, the great PS must also?

Maybe?

Someone?

Anyone?

Please?

:/

Cave canem

Roger Cavanagh has a script called Signature Variations which, as the name implies, automates the writing of a signature into your image.

If you send him US$10, he will upgrade you to the Signature Variations PLUS version which lets you incorporate EXIF data into the signature.

Quote:SV+ is a significant enhancement on the original script providing the capability to use tokens so that file information (document properties) stored in Photoshop document files can be used as part of the signature. The signature can now contain multiple lines and information saved for re-use with other images.

I'm not sure how much data you can get, but he's usually responsive to email inquiries. Nice guy, so don't bite him.

Ah, thanks man! Smile

I'm a bit uncertain as to whether or not the RC script is what I want.

It's this use of the word "tokens:" I'm not sure that I grok that in it's fullness. :/

Cave canem

Hey if it's just the date / time you're after, try this:
http://www.handyarchive.com/Audio/All-in...tures.html
It's free!

There are others here:
http://www.handyarchive.com/free/exif/

Thanks guys.

Slej. The SV+ allows the inclusion of things like shutter speed ISO and stop, do you think?

Cave canem

Sounds like it from the description but I don't know for sure.

You could email him to ask ... He's in the UK, you know. Maybe you can ring him up. Big Grin

Thanks again Slej. See, I dont know what a "token" is, and therein lies the problem.

Cave canem

OK, I've written to him......................................

Cave canem

A guess: when you click open the "Info" box (see the screenshot on his page), you can probably enter a string of text like %ISO %AP %SH %CR, and then when the script runs it will print the ISO, aperture, shutter, and copyright.

There's likely a list of these "tokens" that will be included in the instructions that come with the script.

Be not afraid.

Why do you want to do this, by the way?

Like the look of the fractal sharpener on that site as well.

http://actions.home.att.net/dSLR_Fractal_Sharpen.html

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by smarti77
Aug 23, 2006, 08:10